This past week we said good bye to our dear old apartment at University Village in Salt Lake City. I feel some serious mixed emotion when I think of this place and all that has happened in the nearly 4 years we lived there!
I had so many experiences in this place, both good and bad. I had both of my baby girls while we were living here!
This is the one thing we may miss the most about living here. The playgrounds! The kids have grown up with this as their yard. All summer long we would spend the days out here on the playground and I was able to get some good girl time in talking with the other moms while our kids played together. We have a playground right by our house still, but we don't have the great sidewalks all the way around the court for the kids to ride their bikes in circles around. I am seriously going to miss that part SO MUCH!!
Our house in boxes the night before the big move.
More boxes pre move. My beloved bunk beds! I was so sad to see these go. They were far from prefect, but they were my first building project. I put so much time, energy, and sweat into those things.
The problem with it being my first project is that I stripped SO MANY of the screws which made it impossible to get out of the room in one piece. Therefore a couple days pre move we took the saw to my beds. It was really quite a sad thing for me!
MOVE DAY! We felt so blessed and I was so overcome with emotion as I saw the great turnout of people who came to help us move. We have met some of the most amazing people ever while living at the Village and felt overwhelmed with the help that they offered on so many occasions. This was just one more example of how amazing they are. Even our cute neighbor Brynn (Jackson and Kambrees friend) came out to help us!
We figured out it was easier to just take out the panel of glass from our window and pass boxes through the window.
I really can't express how grateful I am for the help we received on moving day. Our great neighbors helped us out here and then family met up with us at the other places. Our family took a huge chunk of their day to help us out. We are SO BLESSED!
Unloading all the boxes in our new house we didn't have anywhere to store them all so this is what we came up with. They all got stuffed in the laundry room! That entire laundry room was stuffed to the brim with boxes!
When we moved in our house was all one tone paint. We have spent days painting the trim and doors. Our whole house is covered with blue painters tape!
Also, our fridge is yet to arrive. LOVE IT (to be said with sarcasm)! I am so annoyed at this part of the move. Living without a fridge has been a little silly! Hopefully it will arrive on Tuesday.
Despite the no fridge situation we are love, love, loving our new house. It is adorable and so nice! The first thing we did was put up our Christmas tree. Jackson for weeks prior to moving would walk around sighing loudly until I asked what was wrong. He would then say in the most forlorn voice a 4 year old can muster 'I sure wish I had a Christmas tree' or ' It would be a lot of fun if there was a Christmas tree in our house'. Such a funny kid!!
We still have a lot to do, but are loving what we have done. We recognize the amazing blessing that we have gotten and are so grateful for it!





5 comments:
I miss you already! The other day Maddie asked if you guys were gone, and I said yes. So she sat down and wrote you guys a letter! I'm not sure what it said, it might possibly be in code. I'm glad your move went well, I hope you have a fridge soon!
Looks like a fun house. I hope your fridge comes soon! Yeah, that Village living sure makes for special memories.
Your house looks really nice. We miss you! Good luck getting a fridge. I don't know how you are managing without one!
The ward won't be the same without you guys.
So glad you were able to move into a home -- it would be a pain trying to live without a fridge...hopefully it comes SOON! When you're ready, I know I for one would love to see more pictures of your new place! It looks fantastic. :)
hooray!
Post a Comment