Monday, December 12, 2011

Cleaning Day

I just did a quick over view of our move, but there were a few key elements I didn't want to forget. Not that I probably will any time soon, but just in case.

We moved all of our stuff out on a Saturday. The following Wednesday I headed to our old apartment with the kids to get some cleaning done. We had a really good and productive morning. Kaylee was keeping pretty well entertained while Jackson and Kambree each had a rag and 'helped' me scrub. We decided to take a break and go get some lunch. After lunch we had some neighbors drop by and bring us some treats.

About 2pm-ish I left the kids in the front room with some cars and 2 crib mattresses in it. Everything else was locked in the kitchen by a gate. I left to head to the bathroom to get some cleaning done in there. I had been in there for about 5, maybe 10 minutes when I heard a crash!
Throwing open the door I ran out and was greeted by pieces of powdered donut lining the hallway floor. As I got into the living room I got a glace of the crashing culprit. Someone (Jackson) had gotten over the gate and handed Kaylee some light bulbs. She had been playing drums on the walls with them and shattered them both. I headed for the kitchen to give Jackson a bit of a talking to only to find him standing there in tears, covered in paint. You see, earlier that day I had filled a bowl up with paint in order to walk around the apartment and do touch ups around the house. After doing so I had stuck the bowl on top of the fridge. Jackson decided he wanted an otter pop and went to check if we had any. When he pulled the freezer door open, my bowl, which was resting partially on the freezer door, crashed over his head.

I finished cleaning up the paint and broken glass and began to wander to see the damage the donuts had caused. Kambree had been to every room we had finished cleaning and there was donut and powdered sugar all over everything.

Needless to say our afternoon was spent cleaning up the mess and we basically got nothing else done. At the time it was maybe not so funny, but looking back is quite humorous!


1 comment:

Sycamore Girl said...

This is funny. And I'm sad at the same time- Why was I not there to take your kids or help clean?! Gosh!

Glad you got all checked out and can move on to cleaning other messes in your bigger house. :)