When I was in college I was told by my doctor on more than one occasion that having children would be a difficult thing for me. When I was in for my before marriage appointment she reminded me of this, even adding that it may be impossible. I have had many an ovarian cyst and the damage caused from these is the reason for my horrible prognosis.
Ironically however, just months into my marriage KC and I found out we were expecting and we welcomed out son into our family weeks after our first anniversary! We had always wanted our children to be around 2 years apart so when we were nearing that time we got off birth control... very shortly after, we prepared to welcome our daughter Kambree to our family.
About 2 months ago, I had been worried that my anemia was getting to the point where I would need to up my iron pills. I was also needing to be checked for a few other things, so I called my dr. She said in order to prescribe certain meds we would need to make sure I was not pregnant. I could take a test at home or take one there. Since everything costs more at the dr I opted for one at home.
I decided to take the test late one night. I took the test, glanced at it, threw it in the garbage and washed my hands. As I was turning the knob to leave the bathroom I had a sudden realization that perhaps that test said something different than I first thought. I dug it out of the garbage and was shocked. I found the box to compare (even though this was the only kind of test I had ever taken and I knew what it meant) and was completely floored!
(This next part may seem very ungrateful and selfish, but I use this blog to remember my adventures so I am going to record what happened just as it happened!)
I then openned the door, left the bathroom and completely burst into tears. KC who was home doing homework on the couch looked at me horrified and asked what was wrong. I walked to the couch, handed him the test, and layed on his lap sobbing! After I calmed down and explained I don't know how (I was breast feeding and on the mini pill for birth control) we talked about it. KC having the personality he has just sort of deals with things as they come. I however, went through a couple hours of I don't think I can do this (I don't think you have a choice was KC's reply).
Now, let me explain why I had the reaction I did:
*Kambree is a mere 7 months old. We figured best case senario our kids would be 14 months apart, worst case- a year!
*Another HOT summer FAT!!
*My pregnancys are not pleasant... my labors... WORSE. And Kambree's took the cake! I really did not feel recovered from anything that I went through during that time!
*Kambree broke my pelvis... like literally broke it. I don't think it's healed completely and am so scared to have that pain all over again!
*I had just booked a cruise for KC and me to celebrate his graduation. I knew they would not allow people past a certain week in their pregnancy go. What is we just lost that money!?
*I am going to have 3 kids under the age of 3! Am I patient enough for that? Am I organized enough for that? Will I EVER leave my house!?!
*Speaking of houses... I live in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment!
*We now will have to purchase a new vehicle... one that can fit 3 carseats! Keep in mind we both work very minimum paying jobs, while KC is just getting ready to begin grad school!!
There are a million other things that just plain scare me to death! We are both now excited. I wish that I could say that all my fears have been put to rest, but that is not the case. We are overwhelmed. However, we realize we are so blessed to have a new baby who will come to our lives. We are excited and looking forward to meeting this sweet little thing!
We had an ultrasound and found out we are due on September 23rd... which makes me right around 15 weeks right now! What adds to that excitement is just days after we made this discovery my sister announced she will be having a baby on September 6th! They are going to be best friends!!! (This also means we will be able to go on our cruise... YIPEE!!)
So, basically the jest of this whole super long blog is that we are expecting and we are surprised and thrilled!!!
(Oh yeah, the doctor also explained to me that sometimes the mini pill just does not work as well as it should with some peoples hormones and that this next go around I should try something more like an IUD after I have my child!)
SURPRISE!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





18 comments:
Wow, Becks! That is crazy! But so exciting! I'm so happy for you!
Congratulations! How exciting, but I understand how you feel being nervous. We had a surprise baby too. You'll do great though! Were you at Costco the other day? I thought I saw you there but my daughter was starting to lose it so I wasn't sure if it was you or not.
WOW congratulations!!!! What a huge surprise! My mouth was wide open the whole time I was reading this! You'll be awesome! I can't wait to see your newest addition!
Holy Crap! I can't believe you're 15 weeks already! No wonder you are wanting a 3 bedroom. Congrats!
P.S. I would have started sobbing too. That's a normal first reaction, I bet.
Congrats! I'm sure this little one will be such a blessing.
Congrats! WOW! I am sure that there is a reason that you are pregnant again. I am so excited for you!
Congratulations Becky! I can't imagine what you're going through! But you are so strong and such a wonderful person that you will do great. I've always admired you, I really have! And honestly, if I had my way, I'd much rather be a mom right now than be going to school.
Congratulations! I'm happy for you, and hope your fears continue to work themselves out.
Man. Man oh man! I LOVE this story! As long as you are here at the Village, we'll take care of you!
Now just breathe. :)
Becky, I heard about this. I guess the lord has another plan for you. I am excited for you. We can be miserable together this summer.I think I would of cried. I have all those worries now.
Genevieve is 6 months old and I can't even imagine but remember life is what happens to you while your making plans. You will do wonderful... God always has something in mind and he won't give you anything you can't handle. But little babies are always exciting!!
NO Way! Congratulations! That is so exciting...what a surprise seriously!!
oh congratulations!!!! I think your so-to-be new little one just couldn't wait to come to your family!
Wow I can't even imagine. My baby is 8 months old and I barely hold it together with one. But you are just amazing and you will be the best mommy to 3 little babies:) Congratulations and good luck with this pregnancy. Plus, you have the cutest kids so bringing one more into the world is just fantastic:)
SURPRISE!!!!! Congrats, it only happens to the best of moms who can handle this kinda stuff. You are so amazing!
Sorry i laughed when you told me. You can do this. Especially if you are my neighbor!!!!
Congratulations, I can understand a lot of what you are feeling, I felt a lot of those same things when I found out I was pregnant with Jak. Jake was really happy and excited at the thought of having another baby, I on the other hand was totally freaked out. It was a weird feeling because I knew that he must be meant to come then but at the same time the idea of 3 kids in 3 years was extremely overwhelming. It wasn't that I didn't want him, but I wasn't sure I was going to be able to handle it. Fortunately, it has gone a lot smoother than I thought it might. Now that he is here I can't imagine it any other way. It is definitely a scary thing though.
Congratulations!! A fun and exciting adventure that you can survive on faith, trust, and love. We're so excited for you and can't for more cute Madills to be running around all over the place!!
Post a Comment