For the nearly 4 years that KC and I have been married I have never had a husband for more than a couple hours at night and on the weekends. He has been a full time student and had a full time job! We have always had someone else to care for (when KC and I were first married we took care of a lady with disabilities who lived with us full time... sort of like foster care. She moved out a week before Jackson was born.) and have never really had us time. We are excited if we get away for an hour or two for a date.
KC is graduating in 2 weeks. His last final is actually in less than a week. I'm not sure if it's the excitement of having a husband who is home at the end of the work day or if it's the added stress of watching of 2 extra kids for a weeks or if it's knowing at the end of these 2 weeks we are going on a trip without the kids that has made the last few weeks so long... but whatever it is, I am done with it. I am ready to have a week without the kids with just me and the hubby. I am ready for a summer of a husband who comes home at a regular hour and gets to spend some time with the kids before bedtime! I know at the end of the summer it will all end when KC begins his first of 2 grad programs, but at least I have a summer to look forward to.
So finals, I am done with you! It is going to be a long rest of the week, weekend, and Monday, but after that school, you do not get to have my husband... he is mine!!





No comments:
Post a Comment