Friday, April 2, 2010

Headed in the right direction!

So, every 3 months we have to take Jackson up to a clinic up at Primary Childrens Medical Center called the FUN clinic. It's a little less fun than the name lets on however. We started having to visit this clinic when they diagnosed Jackson as Failure to Thrive. Each visit we meet with 3 different people: a nutritionist, a social worker, and a doctor. The nutritionist works with us on what we can do to help Jackson grow the way he should be as far as the food concerns go. They also work with us on Jacksons allergies and working around them. The social worker just checks to see if the things around the house are good and to see if financially we can afford to do what we need to do to make it possible for Jackson to get the help he needs. Then the doctor checks everything else out to make sure that there is nothing new that is getting in the way of his growth.

We went in yesterday to our appointment. I was pretty nervous as Jackson has been more fickle than ever when it comes to eating. Some days he does fantastic, others he will hardly eat a thing! I was fully expecting to have to try to explain why my kid has not gained or has even lost since our last appointment. Well, below is the chart with his results:


That's right folks! This was our best growth in a year!!!! Jackson is only a mere pound away from being on the charts!!!! We were thrilled!!!!


This child however is not going to have any problems staying on the charts! She LOVES to eat!!! This picture is from yesterday. I was in me and KC's room putting away some laundry. We have been working on introducing some amounts of milk to Jacksons diet and he had been munching on a kit kat. Little did I know he was so good at sharing now days. I suddenly heard all sorts of giggling and came out of my room to see what was going on. Jackson said, 'I give Kambree a treat!' so proud of himself. And there was Kambree, munching away on a kit kat! OH BOY!!! We had a talk about not sharing our treats with Kambree yet as she was too young, which I am sure just went in one ear and out the other. Kambree however had a perma-smile for a good half hour after her chocolate treat!!

2 comments:

Bryanna Johnson said...

That's awesome. I bet he'll be on the charts before you know it!

Sheffers said...

Thats right she is a true girl, I will do anything for chocolate! Congrats to Jackson on the weight gain!!! and mostly great job to you!