Each night before bed Jackson picks out a book to read. For a very long time it was always "Green Eggs and Ham" but as of late he has only wanted to hear, "Mr. Brown can Moo! Can you?" It is so much fun to read this book with him. We read the part until it gets to the sound and then we have Jackson read the sound. I don't know a whole lot more adorable than Jackson reading these sounds. My favorites are 'dibble dibble dibble dop' for the rain and 'PIP' for the goldfish kiss. I LOVE THIS!!
We introduced 101 Dalmatians to Jackson a couple days ago. He is OBSESSED!! The other night after we had put Jackson to bed this is what we heard on repeat for about 15-20 minutes.
"I no go to bed.... I watch doggies... Kambree sleeping.... I no sleeping.... I watch doggies..."
He would probably watch this movie all day long if I would let him!
He has also begun to ROAR at everything! On Sunday they brought Jackson in to me during Relief Society from Nursery because they thought he was stinky (I think he just has bad gas as this happens quite often and he never actually is stinky). This was his entrance into the room... ROOAARRR!! Nothing like a roar to bring in the spirit!!!
Dad is also a favorite thing of Jacksons right now. He is in LOVE with his dad. He asks about him all day long while he is at work and doesn't want to leave his side once he is home. I'm afraid for next week when KC goes back to school. I'm afraid we have all gotten used to him being home after work during this winter break. This semester to come KC has 18 credits and will be unbelievably busy! Friday nights are the only nights he will be home at 5 after work and that just happens to be the night I will most likely be working. We will all have a hard time adjusting to not seeing KC again! At least he should be able to come home for a half hour to eat dinner with us so the kids can at least see him for a few minutes Monday-Thursday!
And we can't forget Jacksons trains... He loves to play trains! We play trains a good few hours each day... and that is just the time I play with him. He plays on his own off and on all day long!
He has a lot of favorites. It is fun to watch him as he gains more of his indepedence and likes to let us know of the things he likes and dislikes.
I overheard this one day as I was passing Jackson in his room.
Jackson looking at a Mickey Mouse toy.... "Mickey Mouse..... I love him" (said with a giant sigh in his voice.... killed me!!)





3 comments:
Jackson really is so funny and cute.
You are a great mom, playing trains with him! I have a hard time just "playing" with my boys. I need to do it more often!
This is so cute.
I absolutely love your blog. Not only is it so cute but it inspires me and is written so well and with meaning. I love you to pieces. Go AGGIES. and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Post a Comment