School has begun again! This means KC leaves for work at 6:15am, comes home at 4:45pm for some dinner, leaves at 5:00pm for school and gets home from school at 9:30pm. I wish I was a better homemaker, but even when KC is around to help our apartment looks very 'lived in' (this is the nice term I like to use to make myself feel better... mostly its just not clean at all!). The other day I just completely became overwhelmed with the mess that was my house. LOOK ABOVE!
So I made a decision as I got home from a dessert night our ward was having. The kids took a bath, got their jammies on and Jackson got put right in his bed. I strapped the car dvd player to a chair and put on Bolt (Jacksons movie of choice at this minute). Jackson sat and watched so well... though I was a bit of a slacker mom.
I was trying out curlers in Kambrees hair (which looked more like a George Washington wig than anything else) and she went straight to her swing. She fell right to sleep!
Back to work only to notice that I had put our laundry basket on me and KC's bed and bleached a spot on our comforter! Smooth move Becky!!
To say the least I was not the best mother as far as engaging my children, but I felt a little less terrible about my life when I finally had the front room cleaned! One day I hope to be a better homemaker. But until then I will enjoy my desserts and sleeping under my spotted comforter!





3 comments:
I think you are a stupendous mom! I'm glad you came to dessert night, and that schedule of your husband's sounds ultra intense.
Love it! I love that your my neigbhor and above all I love that you do not complain about your situation. your the best! and I love eating dessert with spotted blankets it reminds me that we are students.
I love that you posted your "lived-in" photo!! I agree with Becky- you complain a lot less than others and your schedule is harder!
Post a Comment