Perhaps others are able to get their kids to potty train right from the beginning in the bathroom... not us! We have had so much more success if Jackson is allowed to leave his potty in the front room. When we have company over the potty goes to the bathroom, but in our everyday life it stays in the front room where when Jackson feels the need he can run right over and jump on it. I am hoping once we get a hang of it more we can move it the bathroom for good.
We have had our first few successful days in the potty training world these past few days. We have been trying a lot over the past weeks, but none of it seemed to really click until these past few days when Jackson has really wanted to go in 'His Potty Chair". It's sort of a funny little chair. There is a sensor at the bottom so when he goes the chair starts playing a song! He thinks this is fantastic!!
One of the hardest parts of this potty training this is seeing how sad he is when he has an accident! He is heartbroken to have to change his undies and be cleaned up. He has never liked to be dirty, so I think perhaps this may have a part in this.
I don't love this potty training stuff, but am really hoping that he gets a hang of it before the summer comes. If he is anything like the other little boys I know he is not going to want to stop playing to come and use the bathroom, so I imagine trying to potty train during that would be even harder! Cross your fingers!
P.S. I love this picture as he is just hanging out the his potty reading books! SO FUNNY!





6 comments:
I love that picture too. Really cute!
Good luck with the training!
I want my toilet right in middle of the living room too. Hey there is not such thing as privacy anymore, so I might as well be out with everyone. Maybe they will leave me along. He is so cute. Isaac has the same undies. Gotta love mator.
That is hilarious...right in the front room! So classic! Your blog is darling too!
i really like that picture too! good luck with the potty training!
We STILL have issues with potty training. Such a pain! Jackson is the sweetest little boy ever!
I love the toilet paper holder. I couldn't stop laughing at the picture. I think it's a brilliant idea to have it in the living room!
Post a Comment