Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Thoughts



This Christmas I had so many different thoughts and feelings. I wanted to jot some of them down quickly so I could remember them in years to come.

*Not a day went by that my thoughts this season did not go to Mary, Jesus' Mother. Each day as I watch my kids grow I think of what an amazing woman Mary must have been. To raise the Savior must have been quite intimidating. It had to have been something that Heavenly Father would not have intrusted to just anyone. I would love to talk one day with Mary. To talk of the things she witnessed and the things she felt. What an amazing woman Mary was!

*A dear friend of mine named Brady Blaser was born near Christmas just over 30 years ago. Brady was born with a rare form of Muscular Dystrophy. I was lucky enough to meet Brady while I was in high school and to begin working with him. He became one of my best friends. I did not do anything without sharing it with Brady. We spent hours on end lying on his bed talking, laughing, singing, and just relaxing! Brady passed away when I was a senior in high school. I miss Brady terribly, but have felt his spirit so many times in my life. When I was married the sealer shared that he could feel that there were spirits from beyond in the room witnessing our marriage. I felt Brady was one of those spirits! I love Brady and love that during the Christmas season I get even more of a reminder of Brady and our friendship.

*On the 23rd of December while at work I received a text message from my little sister telling me that one of my best friends fathers was in a 4 wheeler accident. I got a text from my friend telling me that it was true and he would let me know more when he knew more. His father started to show a little improvement throughout Christmas Eve, but then passed away just before midnight. I was quite heartbroken as I heard of this news. I spent a large amount of my time during high school at the Stoker's house and Kelly was a great influence in my life during this time! My heart ached for his family! I was so blessed to know this man. He was without guile. I know Heavenly Father greeted him with open arms in Heaven!

*My family is so important to me. Christmas season is such a great time to be able to spend that extra time with them all that we don't always get to spend together due to work and school. KC has had a few days off of work and has a small break from school and it has been so fun to spend more time with him than normal. I am so in love with my husband!! We have some adorable children too and are so blessed to be where we are and to have each other!

*I LOVE my Savior! Without Him life on earth would not have purpose! His birth was the beginning of a life full of great examples. With His death brought the atonement and the chance for me to return to my Father in Heaven after this life!

4 comments:

Bryanna Johnson said...

Those are great thoughts. I'm sorry about the Stokers.

I like that Jackson didn't want to open his present because he didn't want to ruin the wrapping paper. That is cute!

Sheffers said...

Great blog! Love you Becky! I agree with you, after I had Brock I thought of Mary, and how did she do it? On sunday the speaker talked about Mary and I love that he said sometimes its good that we do not know all things. It is good that Mary did not know how her son's death was going to be. I love reading your blog. I hope you have a great new year and I am sorry for the lost of your friend and your friends dad.

The Buzz said...

I loved this blog post! I could tell it was straight from your heart! I am very sad for Michelle and her family too. No one ever thinks it will happen to them.

abo-bder said...


شركة تركيب شبك حمام بالرياض
شركة قص اشجار بالرياض
فني تركيب ستلايت بالرياض
فني تركيب دش بالرياض
فني تركيب دش
فني تركيب دش