Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Idaho Trip

Over Labor Day weekend my cousin Colin and his wife Vanessa blessed their baby in Idaho. We decided to make a weekend of it and headed up Saturday.

We left Saturday morning and stopped the by the Air Force museum on the way up. It was SO neat! I can't believe I had never been there before!! The museum was amazing and the kids LOVED seeing all the airplanes and neat things inside the museum. I am so happy we went!



The kids outside looking at the different planes. They had to touch every plane out there!


Kambree and me outside.


Kaylee touching the plane. She was so cute! She loved to stick her finger out and reach up to touch the planes!


Jackson pushing Kaylee around the inside of the museum. It was a really big museum!


Kaylee LOVES strollers! She is usually stuck in my ERGO while I push the other 2 in the stroller when we go places so she gets so excited when she gets to be in the stroller.


After the museum we were back on the road. The kids were pooped! Well, all but Kaylee... she just kinda yelled most of the way up.


The blessing was in Pocatello but we decided since we had come most of the way anyway we would continue on and go to see some friends in Idaho Falls. We were so excited to see them. The Farnesworths were our neighbors at the Village and we love them. The kids were thrilled to see their friends again!



Kambree loved to just run around their yard.


After dinner and visiting with our friends we headed to the other side of Idaho Falls to check into our hotel. We went swimming and just hung out. It took us a while but we finally got the kids to sleep and we all crashed. The next morning we discovered our balcony outside our room door. The kids loved watching all the ducks and geese out on the river. There was even a dog who chased them and jumped into the water and tried to get them. It was so much fun to watch the kids being so thrilled at it all.



The view from our hotel room.

We checked out and went to Pocatello for cute little Emilees baby blessing. I was bummed that I forgot to take a picture of the pretty little girl. I LOVE baby blessings. They are such a special time for the family and it is so fun to see the innocent little baby and hear the words of the blessing and picture all of the amazing things that child will accomplish in their life.

We love Colin and Vanessa too. I feel like Colin is my own brother. We grew really close during the high school college years and I feel so blessed to have the two of them in my life. I love family!

We had a really good weekend in Idaho and I am really glad we spent that time as a family!

No comments: