Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring!

We have had a few nice days here this spring, but more than those we have had days that have forced us to spend our time inside. We have been enjoying ourselves either way. (Don't get me wrong however... we want more outside days!)

We moved all 3 kids into the same bedroom. I was really struggling keeping the kids room clean and getting all of their clothes put away. The only time I can really do laundry in a timely manner is when the kids are in bed, but I was always waking them up to put it away after it was folded. Because of this more often than not the kids clothes were just ending up in piles. I had finally had enough and made one of the rooms a sleep room and one a playroom where I also stored the clothes. So far it has been really nice. (Kaylee probably does not agree as the older 2 kids have not been sleeping the best as of late.)

During our spring cleaning to get these rooms set up we organized all of our books. This has led to much reading at our house... which has been really fun!


Jackson has begun making up some stories on occasion. I have not been a fan of this AT ALL! In order to help Jackson understand that lying is not ok I got out the Janeen Brady "Standin' Tall" books and cassettes and we have been reading the book on Honesty, as well as a lot of the other ones. I have really enjoyed this. These books remind me a lot of my childhood!



Kaylee is sitting up. She does not love it. We have been noticing alot lately that if she is sitting for more than a couple minutes her feet begin to turn purple and look as if they are losing circulation. We have seen it a couple times when she is in other positions as well. She is going to be going to the doctor soon to see if we can figure out what is going on. She seems a bit uncomfortable, as I imagine one would, when this happens so she usually does not stay sitting up for very long.


She is also a TERRIBLE baby food eater. She has a really hard time figuring out how to eat her baby foods. These wonderful little mum-mums are the only thing she will consistently eat.


This is the kiddos in Kambree's part of the bunk bed one night before going to sleep. Even though lately they are sure not giving us much sleep I look at this picture and all feelings of frustration seem to fly out the door!


Kambree is becoming quite the little girl lately. She LOVES to wear my shoes, especially if they have any sort of heel on them. She throws some great tantrums when she does not get what she wants. Also she is always telling people to 'be nice!' when they don't give her exactly what she wants. Her and Jackson have a very best friends/worst enemies relationship. For the most part they get along really well however. I do adore each morning when Kambree wakes up she comes out of her room and Jackson sees her and yells 'Kambree you wake up!' and they run into each others arms and give each other a giant hug! I LOVE THIS!!



And lastly we have been able to enjoy some good bonding time with the kids cousin Ellie starting last week! We now get to watch her every Wednesday for the day for the next little while. We love and adore that baby and are so excited to spend more time with her! She is a tad bit unsure of the craziness that comes along with my children however! Poor thing!

Oh, one more lastly though... my sister-in-law is due tomorrow so we will be having another nephew in the next little while! I am so excited to meet the little guy! My brother and his wife are going to make amazing parents!!

No comments: