Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter

Easter was really fun this year. Saturday we went down to KC's parents house for an egg hunt, food, and visiting. I don't have any pictures however. I brought my camera along... just left my memory card in the computer! BOO! KC's mom hid 220 eggs for 3 kids so the kids were having a blast finding them all. Kambree, Jackson, and their cousin Cash all had 2 baskets full by the time it was over. That's even with Trooper, the dog, getting some before the hunt began.

Sunday we woke up and got ready for church. The kids looked so adorable all dressed up for church. When we had parked in the parking lot and I had headed to the back of the van to unbuckle the kids I got to Kambree just as she began throwing up! Oh my children and their random puking! We did our best to rinse her and headed into church. (We had to be on time because KC and I were giving the sacrament meeting prayers.) About half way through sacrament meeting the stench of our child was just too much so I took her home quickly and changed her.

After church we went to my parents house for some Easter dinner and another egg hunt. Between my parents, siblings, aunt, and grandpa the kids were spoiled rotten once again. We had a great dinner and the kids had a blast looking for eggs again.

I love Easter. I love the memories of Easter as a child. It took all I had not to buy me a pair of gloves and an Easter hat to wear to church. That was one of my favorite things to wear as a child on Easter. I remembered my many Easter Sundays as a child when I would leave my scriptures home and pack my scripture bag with treats from my basket. I loved the egg hunts and the dresses.

More than anything however I love the reason we have to celebrate this day. I can't express in words my gratitude for my Savior. He came to earth to live a perfect life and then die for my sins, only to be resurrected again. I feel so blessed to know that I can be forgiven for my many imperfections and sins. I feel so blessed that if I live the way I should I be with my family and loved ones for eternity! What is better than this knowledge!?!

And now for the pictures:



Kaylee during the egg hunt at my parents.


Jackson searching for eggs!


Kambree and her helper Aunt Kathy.


Kambree before church.


The kids plus Ellie... sadly this is the best picture I could get. (Kaylee had a blowout just previous to this so she is out of her dress!)


My kids before church on Sunday.


Jackson checking himself out after putting on his Easter suit.



Kambree getting a look at herself.

I also forgot some other great news. Jason and Rachel had their baby. Maxwell was born on the 14th weighing in around 8 1/2 lbs and 21 inches long. Max has the most beautiful red hair... and loads of it! We just adore this child!!

Also, Kaylee had her cardiologist appointment. She has a small hole in heart, but it should heal itself. The doctor is fairly certain it's just her large thighs that have been the cause of her blueness. He feels that it will get better when she starts moving and her legs thin out. So that is all good news!!

Only 3 more Saturdays til my triathlon. I am nervous, but excited. These poor feet of mine have really been feeling the training. I feel I can barely walk, especially at nights. I suppose one of these days I really should get into the doctor.



Note to self... when resting your feet after a long day pay attention to what you put in the foot bath and don't put loads of bubbles!!

4 comments:

Amie said...

Good luck on your triathlon. Your kids are seriously the cutest! Your little girl is like your mini me. haha so so cute!

Esther said...

your kids looked so cute on sunday! I'm glad everything looks ok for Kaylee, and good luck on your triathlon!

Emily said...

What a day -- your kids look adorable.

I can't believe she was puking & you guys soldiered on to give the prayers -- thank you!

Good luck with your triathlon, I hope your feet can have a break after that. :)

ashley and michael said...

ok, kambree is the cutest girl in the world. that first pic that you posted of her in her easter dress is perfect. she should be in a magazine!