Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Break

The U has it's Spring Break this week. That means KC has been home in the evenings and Jackson has not had preschool. Since the weather has been so awesome... what with the snow and all... we have been stuck inside a good chunk of the time (yesterday was actually pretty nice so we went out and played). What have we been doing:


Jackson has just been relaxing... pretending it's warmer than it is. He came across his sun glasses and has been enjoying wearing them.


Kambree has been playing non-stop... not even pausing for a break during nap time. Her and her brother are constantly in a game of pretend: fighting off bad guys, in a big car race, knight and princess, etc. I had to laugh when I found her like this during her nap.

She also had her 18 month appointment. She's a lot taller than I thought she was. We always thought she was shorter for her age, but talking last night KC and I realized we view her as being older than she really is. She is in the 40th% for her weight and 90th% for her height.



Kaylee has been fighting eating. I have tried to feed her cereal, veggies, and fruit everyday with little or no luck. She just has no interest in eating. I put the food in her mouth and she sits there until it either falls out or she chokes on it. I'm really hoping she figures it out soon. Dr says it's not too big a deal now, but if she doesn't figure it out in the next few months we will have to set her up with an OT to help her out.

She also had a doctors appointment. 6 months. She is miserable after those darn shots, not moving her legs at all. She was in the 40th% for weight and 60th% for height. So despite her lack of eating foods she is still growing fine from milk, so that's at least good news.

KC just finished building a computer. It was a fun little past time for him I think. Otherwise he is just enjoying a little break from school work before going back and finishing up in August. Then most likely starting up with his second masters program in September.

I have been enjoying a little more freedom in my tri training since KC is home in the evenings this week. It's slowly coming along! I really don't like working out, but I have been enjoying how I feel when it's all done. I have also really been working on eating more healthy which has been an adjustment for me. A good adjustment, but an adjustment none the less.

We are hoping the real spring comes soon! We love to play outside! I love when the kids are able to work off all the energy then have!!!

1 comment:

Bryanna Johnson said...

I hope the real Spring comes soon too! It's been winter for long enough.

Your kids are all looking so cute. And good luck with your triathlon training! Sounds fun!