I'm super delayed in my writing. Mothers Day weekend was AMAZING!! I was seriously spoiled rotten!
Saturday morning me, my sister, my mom, and my aunt headed up Boise Idaho for a fun weekend trip! The drive up was as entertaining as always. Anyone who knows my Aunt Kathy knows that you can pretty much do nothing and still be stitches from laughing so hard.
Upon arrival in Boise we found our hotel and headed off to find a food experience unique to Boise.... we ate at a hamburger joint. It was actually quite delicious! After dinner we went home to change and went to see Wicked on the Boise State University campus. To say it was FABULOUS would be an understatement. I LOVED it!
I decided I am getting a bit old as in the end when the crowd was standing cheering for the cast I cried. I loved the show, but also I was so proud of all they accomplished. I AM SO LAME! If I am like this with complete strangers how big of a mess am I going to be when it's my own children. I'm in trouble!!!
Sunday we came home and celebrated Mothers Day with everyone at my parents house. It was fun to see the kids and KC. It was so nice to have a break, but I love to see them after the break!
My mom got Wii Fit for Mothers Day. It was so fun to do some of the workouts. At the beginning of the game it has you do these exercises and it tells you where you are at as far as your body mass and it gives you an estimated age. I was where I should be as far as weight, but then it gave me my estimated age..... 47!!! SWEET!!! I really am an old woman!
The kids standing on baking dishes doing the wii fit activities along side their Uncle Jason.
The girls outside of the Morrison Center where we saw Wicked.
You would think going to see Wicked would be Mothers Day gift enough for me... I thought that same thing! KC and the kids however decided to make me super spoiled and gave me a KINDLE!!! I am in love with it! I am really having to work on self control because it is SO EASY to just buy book as soon as I finish the other one. LOVE!!!
I can't say this post without saying how blessed I feel to be a mother. It is so far from easy and I feel the weight of the world some days as I figure out how to best raise my kids. They bring such joy to me! I love them in ways I never knew was possible!!
Being a mom has made me realize over and over again (especially as I am raising Kambree, who is apparently quite similar to me as a child) how much my mom did for me! I had a truly amazing mother!!! She raised 5 children who are all pretty good people and who are really great friends! I would love to say that at the end of my life. She was and is our friend, as well as our mother. I feel so blessed to say I have her as my mother.
I am also grateful for my mother-in-law. Without her I would not have my husband. She ran the household, finances, took the kids to church by herself, all the while raising 4 kids. KC is such a great guy and I attribute a good portion of that to his mother.
Mothers truly do shape the world. What an amazing calling that is! I feel so blessed to be intrusted with this great responsibility!





3 comments:
Wicked it AMAZING! We saw it in LA at the pantagous theatre. I don't blame you for crying because it is awesome! I'm going to be that mom too. I'm glad your family spoiled you because you certainly deserve it! ;)
it was so good and fun to see you on saturday at the tri. you are amazing!
I cried at the end too! so good! You are a fabulous mom! Being a mom has made me appreciate my mom even more. It's a lot of work! Love this post!
Post a Comment