He came over and told me it was time for him to go to bed when it was over. We did the bedtime routine and then it was time for prayers. His prayer went something along the lines of this:
Heavenly Father,
Thankful for Heavenly Father.
Thankful for Jesus.
Thankful to see Nana and Grandpa's wedding. (We went to a wedding reception tonight with my parents... he thought it was theirs.)
Thankful to eat chicken and fries and suckers. (Yeah, I know... healthy eh?)
Bless mom sleep well on the couch til dad comes home from far away to look for her. (He is at school.)
Bless dad can find mom on the couch.
Bless mom go to her bed to sleep.
Bless mom doesn't come wake me up lots of times in my bed. (Here is where he gets confused about who is the parent and who is the child.)
Bless mom sleeps all the way til morning and doesn't drive me and Kambree and Kaylee crazy and make us get no sleep. And she doesn't need her milk in bed, just her water. And that she goes in the potty and not her underwear. And she can't eat suckers in bed. (And it just gets better!)
Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
I just love that kid!
He also told me yesterday after repeatedly running into my bottom that he was doing it because I have the biggest softest bottom in the whole wide world (he is very into saying things are... in the whole wide world). SWEET!!!





5 comments:
Oh man that kid is FUNNY!
that is such a funny prayer! I like the part about you driving the kids crazy, I always feel SO bad when I drive the KIDS crazy...HAHAHE!!!!!
so funny and yet so sweet. seriously stop waking your kids up for milk, and use the potty.
well, those are legit things to pray for, right? What a sweet boy you have!
Talie has told me I have soft bum recently. Kids only speak truth! Ahh!
what a sweet kid! and funny. Maybe you should try a pull-up at night? I think they make them for grown-ups. :)
Post a Comment