Monday, February 28, 2011

ABC's

I have been trying to working with Jackson on his ABC's as of late. Sometimes it works out better than others. Trying to teach anything to a kid with an imagination like Jacksons can be a bit difficult at times.

An example:

His preschool does literacy bags. This weekend his bag was all about learning the poem Humpty Dumpty. I read it to him and we did a puzzle, then we worked on learning it together. It often went like this: (Jackson will be italics and the rest he was sort of repeating along with me)

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall on a wall... silly guy...
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall he got killed!!!
All the Kings Horses the horsies got him and all the kings men the kings men are the bad guys, Dumpty is a good guy and they got him but then he looked in his telescope for them and saw them and he is so strong and tried to get away.....
Couldn't put Humpty together again ....and then the horsies came and the bad guys were riding them and they runned fast as can be....

And he continues until I finally cut him off and we try again.

Today we were in the car driving when we passed Costco. We started talking about the letters. COSTCO.... hey, I know what that spells mom... it spells pizza!! Perhaps we eat pizza there a little too much!?!

And the last story is a stumbling block we just can't seem to get past. Jackson cannot seem to grasp that the letter U is not the letter me. Each and every time I tell him that letter is the letter U he replies, the letter me? Don't know if we will ever get that one!!

4 comments:

JeniLyn said...

He seriously says the cutest things ever!!

Bryanna Johnson said...

I love it! So funny. It reminds me of trying to have scriptures with Seth. I can only say about two words before he interrupts with some wild story or something. You have such a funny, cute kid.

Sycamore Girl said...

His imagination will take him to great places throughout his life! I love it!
The letter "me" cracks me up!

Stacy and Blair said...

That is hilarious. I so hope we live by you soon!