...WEEK!
This has truly been a rough week for us at the Madill household.
Well, all but Jackson. He has had a fabulous time this week. While the rest of us were struggling he was: playing with friends, hanging out with his aunt, going to play groups, attending birthday parties. He has had a pretty fun week.
The rest of us on the other hand, have not.
Poor Kambree has been recovering well, but has been requiring way more attention than usual. She has wanted to be held a good portion of the days this week, getting very sad if I put her down. She has to take all sorts of meds each day which she absolutely HATES. All in all she has kinda had a miserable week.
Kaylee has not been able to kick this virus she got. Poor child seems very uncomfortable. She has an awful cough which you can tell just causes her all sorts of pain each time she does it. She wakes up a million times a night because of this cough or some other pain she is feeling. She was lucky to be able to spend some time with my neighbor and mom this week which was a great break for me, but the rest of the week has had to share her mom with a needy Kambree... neither of them have liked it much.
KC had Monday and Tuesday morning off of work, but has had work and school the rest of the week so as usual he has not been around much. He has had a pretty busy week with school and work also. Poor man has been helping out as much as he can while he has been home which has meant he has had to stay up til the early hours of the morning to do his school work.
And me, I have been stuck inside all week with these sick kids, with no break at all! I have been sleeping an average of maybe 4 hours a night. Normal weeks I could make this work but this week it is just about killing me! I have tonight off then work tomorrow, which means going to church on no sleep and then a family birthday dinner.
On top of this we have had the maintenance working on the apartment next door. This has meant lots of noise and lots of horrible, strong smells. Which has meant even less sleep for the little one. Also, a pipe sprung a leak in our kitchen and caused quite a mess and a day of having maintenance tearing apart our apartment. Oh, and we are out of quarters so the laundry has been piling up everywhere, but I have not been able to go out to get some more and KC is never not at work or school during bank hours so he has not been able to get any either.
So today we will sit in our pj's all day and watch tv... and pray for a better next week!





3 comments:
Oh I am so sorry. I feel ya sister, I went CRAZY that 10 days, holy cow. I hate that medicine too, why cant it taste better? stupid pharmacist. I hope Kambree gets feeling better soon, and it gets warm and then you can at least go outside and get some fresh air. jackson is welcome here anytime. if you need anything, please call. seriously its not a nice gesture, its a plea for service.
any of your kids are welcome here, not just jackson.
I hear ya! Sounds like you've had a doozy of a week too. When it rains, it pours (whether good or bad). I hope you have a better week. You seriously are super woman!
I just called your house to see if I could steal your laundry to do...turns out you ARE Super-Mom and already got it all done today.
You amaze me, so much so that I am crying a little bit right now.
You and KC are warriors.
Post a Comment