I know that days spent on the couch laying with the kids sounds like it should have been quite relaxing. It was, however, nothing near this. For the last week there was endless crying, minimal sleeping, and lots and lots of puking! Most of us are better now. KC still is not 100% and Jackson and Kambree have that lingering cough that never seems to go away.
I have however decided I dislike the aftermath of being sick almost as much as I dislike the time that the kids are actually sick. The kids get so used to asking for things and pretty much getting whatever they want when they are sick that it takes a while to get them out of this mode. Last night Jackson woke up so upset around midnight. He was just sobbing and telling me his mouth (throat) hurt and his ear hurt. KC was still up studying so I took Jackson with me into me and KC's bed to try to get him to calm down and fall back asleep. Amid heartbreaking sobs I just happened to understand one word... Thomas... I thought maybe I made it up but he kept repeating it. My poor sick son decided the thing he needed to feel better was to watch Thomas the Train! Are you kidding me!?! When do kids learn this stuff!! He obviously didn't feel as terrible as he was leading us to believe given the fact that as soon as we repeated, " You want to watch Thomas the Train" he got a giant smile on his face and said, "YES" and jumped down to go watch it!
I have a feeling the next few days are going to be long ones trying to get the kids to sleep through the night again and not think that they can give a good show to do whatever they want!
Oh how I miss the days of laying around getting whatever I want when I was sick. Being sick is never fun, but being sick as a mom (especially a mom who rarely has her husband around for a much needed break or some help) is much less fun!!
Here is to hoping for a healthy next little while!!!
(That was sure not a very positive post... sorry folks!!)





5 comments:
I hope you all get better! Holding sick kids all day doesn't sound relaxing at all. It's so hard to take care of them when you are sick too!
A blog is a good place to rant, I think! And that sounds awful. I hope you all feel great for a long time, and get lots and lots of sleep!
Its so true... I had the stomach flu two weeks ago and then a horrible cold sick thingy the last week and a half and its so much worse being a mom. I just want to lay around and sleep but its kind of impossible with a kid.
Oh Becky I am in the same boat! Having sick kids is the bad but being a sick mom with sick kids is the WORST!! Especially when the husband is gone (or studying non-stop) I am sorry! I hope it gets better for ya!
When you said THOMAS...I was confused...I was like, "Why are you thinking of my son at a time like this?" Ha ha. Then I read on...duh, the train...
Post a Comment