Sunday, March 14, 2010

Date Night

I went on a date with KC this weekend! It was WONDERFUL!! We didn't do anything fabulous, just dinner and a movie, but it was so fun to sit and talk to and laugh with the love of my life!

KC is seriously the best husband ever. I often don't give him as much credit as I should! This semester has been extra hard for him. He wakes at 5:30 am each morning to study for an hour before going to work. He is gone to work until around 4:45 or 5pm. He then comes home for a half hour dinner and is off to class until he returns home around 9:15 or 9:30pm! He then spends a half hour or an hour with me and then studys some more before coming to bed. Saturdays are spent either catching up on work things or on homework. Then Sundays he is off to meetings at 7am and often has to stay after church to help with things for at least an hour also.

Because of KC's crazy schedule I am often crying to him about how I don't get to see him enough, or how I have to spend all day everyday as basically a single mother. Yet, to be honest with you, I cannot remember a time where KC complained to me about all the work he has to do, or the fact that he does not get to see his family all day everyday. Never once has he complained about how his chuch calling keeps him away extra hours from the little time he does have to spend with his family. He just goes about his work and then gives us all the time and energy he can when he is able to be with us!

During this crazy semester there has not been 1 week that has gone by where KC has not brought me flowers home at some point during the week! We don't always get to go on dates, in fact this last one was our second in about 4 or so months, but he is always quick to give me a foot rub, or let me unload about my day to him, when I am sure all he would like is some peace and quiet!

I love my husband so much and am so so so lucky to have him! I have so much fun going on dates with him and just focusing on each other for a couple hours! I don't know how or why Heavenly Father gave him to me, but I'm not going to complain!! I'm blessed!!!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

That's so cute! As I read this I'm like that's my husband! Ha ha! Poor Mark even works Saturdays so he works 48 hours a week and has full time school and is the ward mission leader! I seriously feel for you! So glad you got a date though. :-)

Emily said...

What a great guy - and flowers every week, wow!

Bryanna Johnson said...

I'm also impressed with the weekly flowers. I'm glad you guys got to go on a date.

I complain a lot too, and Jon never seems to complain, either...

Amie said...

I hear ya. it's hard to be so busy and feel like you never get to spend time together. But Sean is the same way. he never complains that he is so busy and probably tired and stressed, etc. Husbands are so great. I'm glad you guys got to go on a date. What a cute little couple you are:)

Kate and Robbie said...

I love your posts...they always seems to be exactly what I need to hear and whats on my mind...

Sheffers said...

ahhh I am impressed, I find myself loving KC too! You guys are the best, love you guys!