Then this week happened and I had many of my prayers answered. Sunday morning began as our Sunday mornings often do... very chaotic! I can't figure it out, other than that Satan doesn't want us at church each week, but our Sunday mornings are crazy! As I had the kids in the bath I was sitting there thinking about how before I got married I was constantly being challenged. I was going to school, teaching Sunday School at church, a member of the inner chapter in IWA, and working full time. I felt like I was growing all the time on a personal level. Then I got married. When we got married we had a lady with disabilities move in and we cared for her. Shortly after she moved in I got pregnant. Due to her behavior problems I could never be alone with her cause there was always the chance she would hurt the baby. I then had Jackson and she moved out. Then Kambree came along. During all these years I have spent little time with my husband, due to him working full time and going to school full time. As I was sitting there thinking of all this I was getting annoyed. Why is it that I am stuck at home not growing at all while my husband gets to be gone all the time and is constantly learning and being pushed to be more.
I went into Relief Society not expecting much and the lesson began. She talked about the women we want to be like. She talked about how we fill a space. She talked about the great opportunity we have to teach our children and to support our husbands. I was touched so much by the spirit of that lesson. I felt the spirit talk to me and tell me that what I am doing right now is of worth. I knew that what I needed to do was stop complaining and start getting to work. I needed to put more effort in teaching my children. I need to enjoy the time I have at home with my kids. I need to be thankful that my husband is able to go to school and better himself. I need to be thankful that he has the calling he does where he is able to help others and to be more in tune with the needs of others. I realized that though I don't feel like I am doing much... my calling is one of the greatest callings out there. I can't remember the exact quote but she talked about how the world will be changed by the things taught at home... not by the things of the world. I have been blessed with 2 of the Lords children and I have the great opportunity to help them become all that they can. I need to complain less and work more and during all this I need to realize that I am someone. I am a daughter of God and I fill a spot. When I am not there or not doing the things I should be doing there is an empty spot.
I am so grateful for this gospel. I am so lucky to be a part of a church where I do have a calling... even if it's not my ideal one. I still fill a spot in our ward and in this church. I fill a spot in my home and I am so thankful to be sealed to my family forever. I am lucky to be married to a man who is working hard to become something better and to provide for my family! I am blessed!!





4 comments:
I have felt like that before, too! I think leaving the house like husbands do often sounds so much more appealing than staying home all day.
But you are right. It is great! Hard, but great. I loved your post.
I didn't even know you were having a hard time. You always seem so happy and put together.
Thanks for sharing your heart with me. Its nice to know that we are all in the same boat and all feel the EXACT same way a lot of the time. Your change of heart motivates me too.
I think we all go through this same thing. Why are we so down on ourselves? I think your terrific, I really do, everything you touch is PERFECTION. (thats why you have that calling) I liked the lesson too, and I loved the picture, I want one now.
It is so hard to not get into the rut when you feel like you are "stuck" at home. That is something that I struggle with often - but we all just have to stick together and remember that what we are doing is the most important job in the world, hence why we are targeted the most. We need to be confident and proud of what we are doing! You are an amazing mother and you are always such a great example! Thanks for the inspiring post!
Post a Comment