Saturday, September 26, 2009

General Relief Society Meeting

I went to the General Relief Society meeting tonight. I had to bring Kambree along since I had to go early for the Soup, Salad, and Service part of it and Kambree can't go that long without eating yet and dad just doesn't have the supplies to help her out with that. It was a really good meeting. There were a few things that stuck out to me I'd like to write about.

The thing I felt the most tonight was such gratitude toward the relief society organization. I really love it. During one part of the broadcast I was standing in the back holding Kambree trying to get her to stop fussing and I just looked around at the women there and was so grateful. I was also filled with such a desire for Kambree to live the right way so that she could someday be surrounded by such amazing women as I was. I have some of the greatest people in my ward relief society. We had to walk over to the church since there was a U game going on tonight as well and walking over with these ladies and then spending the evening with them I can just pray that Kambree grows up to be like these people, and is also able to be surrounded by people as great as these women are.

The other thing that really stuck out was a comment Sister Thompson said. She talked about minding the gaps in our lives. She talked on how she thinks alot of us believe that we are Daughters of God, but do we KNOW that we are Daughters of God? This brought me back many years to my senior year of high school. One of my dearest friends passed away my senior year. Elder Faust talked at his funeral and said something to the effect of most of us know what we believe, but Brady knew what he knew. Then he challenged us to be more like Brady. I was re-reminded tonight of that challenge. I need to strengthen my testimony and regain my knowledge that I am a Daughter of God.

All in all it was a fantastic meeting and I really enjoyed being surrounded by such amazing friends and neighbors.

1 comment:

Jon Paul said...

It was great, wasn't it?