Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Patience

This year has been quite the year.  Without getting too much into it a handful of things have happened that have sort of knocked me on my rear end.  I am quite happy to say that for now things seem to be going quite well.  (knock on wood) A good portion of the things that have happened have been related to babies.  Having a difficult time getting pregnant, bed rest, birth, and then a random miscarriage.  I don't want to go into too much detail, but one day at my moms I started bleeding excessively.  I left and headed home and during the drive home my bleeding got worse and worse.  I decided to go into the ER and we discovered there that my body produces different amounts of hormones than a normal mother just after birth.  This is the reason that I have a rather difficult time producing the amount of milk that is needed to feed a baby.  This is also the reason that apparently the mini pill does not work on me, thus the miscarriage.

One day after a rather rough couple weeks following the miscarriage a neighbor talked to me and later showed up with another neighbor and her mother at my door.  They came bearing a gift card to go to dinner, a movie gift card, and they were there to deep clean my house.

My current bishop in my church gave us a challenge to read The Book Of Mormon from start to finish starting in the new year and finishing before April conference.  I have never read it this fast and it has been a really good experience for me, especially given the year that I have had.  One day in reading I read Jacob 7:5  "...for I truly had seen angels, and they had ministered unto me...'  and my mind went straight to my dear neighbors, friends, and family.

I have been blessed more than I can even begin to explain this year all stemming from the service of others.  I could not have made it through this year even near as easily if I had not had all the help and encouragement that I have been given.  I can't seem to find the words to thank all those who have been there for me as of late.  I am blessed with the greatest family, the most amazing neighbors, and friends who are truly heaven sent.  They have taught me to have faith and happiness during those times when I am being taught patience.




Now I am asking a little patience in the next couple of days as I attempt a serious blog catch up.

1 comment:

Mackenzi said...

Love you. Remember you have been and angel and served everyone else too! You are such an amazing woman, I look up to you so much.