The arrival of our baby was the most anticipated moment of the summer. After 4 long weeks on bed rest I was so ready for this baby to show his face. Only turns out, he wasn't quite ready. TWO weeks after getting off bed rest, at 38 weeks exactly, he decided the time was right.
I had just finished using the bathroom when I stood up and walked toward the door. I hadn't even made it out of the room before I felt a gush of fluid. 'Crap' I thought, ' I wet my pants again' (4 pregnancies can be rough on a woman's bladder). I went in and changed and then sat on the potty again for good measure. Then stood up and went about my plans. 4 changes of clothing later I decided it probably wasn't me wetting my pants, and that my water had broke. I called KC probably 42 times in 2 minutes with no answer so I called his mom. I told her I would drop the kids off and head over to the hospital, while trying to get a hold of KC. He called on my way to his moms and met me there (he made a 20ish minute drive in 14 minutes). We left the kids and headed to the hospital.
Once they decided that I had in fact gone into labor and not wet my pants again I was checked in.
My room was possessed. First it kept calling the nurse on it's own... over and over and over again. I'm glad one of them finally stayed in the room and witnessed it on their own cause I'm quite certain they all hated me and thought I was just playing a mean joke. Then the tv kept turning on and off by its self. Later my contractions showed up upside down on the monitor for several hours.
They got the petocin started and gave me my antibiotics and we spent the evening laboring.
Just before midnight our sweet Holden was born.
K.C. by the heater helping him warm up. He struggled with this and ended up having to go to the nursery for a while to get his body temp where it should be.
Cute KC with cute Holden
Holden Daniel Madill
KC was pooped.
His first bath.
We got pictures with most everyone who came to visit, but for sake of picture overload are going to only put pictures of the grandparents and siblings.
Nana Hogan
Grandpa Hogan
Grandpa to the rescue (Lubereski)
For a while there we were quite the circus. The room was going to burst. We are so lucky to have so many loving family members!!
Grandma Madill
The kiddos kissing their new baby brother.
Kambree
Kaylee
Jackson
The 4 of them!
All ready to go home.
We had such a great delivery and experience. We are so blessed to have this sweet baby in our lives!! We are in love!





2 comments:
He is a cutie! All your kids are looking sooo grown up.
Love seeing all these pictures. I just love your cute family!
Post a Comment