I figured this was the easiest way to update everyone about whats going on.
I have been having my normal early pregnancy contractions. This time however I am progressing quicker and earlier than I did with the others. I was put on moderate bed rest. After a few tests were run I was called and moved to strict bed rest. So far this seems to be doing its job and I have not progressed anymore.
At my last appointment I measured small. Due to my past pregnancies next week they are running a test in the ultrasound to make sure 'baby bob' is getting the amount of oxygen he needs in order to grow like he should.
Bed rest has been much harder than I thought it would be. The kids have had their good days, where they have been very helpful. Yet, they have also had their bad days, days where they have torn apart my house while I have laid in bed not able to do anything about it.
Sitting/laying in bed all day is much harder than one imagines. The first day or two were kind of nice. After day 2 things become much less exciting. I now understand why solitary confinement is such an awful place to be. Being stuck with your thoughts can make one go crazy. I go through more emotions in an hour than I usually do in a week. I miss things that I really want to be at. I couldn't take Jackson to his first day of kindergarten. I will miss his first soccer game and Kambrees first day of preschool. I didnt get to say good bye to someone I consider to be one of smy best friends before she moved cause I was stuck laying in bed.
Still, I know these things are temporary and that its more important right now for me to follow drs orders and stay in bed. I have been so blessed as my family, friends, and neighbors have taken in my children as their own. They have brought me treats and dinners. My sweet husband has gone from hardly ever being home due to work and school to graduating and having to take care of 3 kids plus a large woman child. He has not complained once and has gone above and beyond to care for us.
I am grateful for all my blessings and so thankful for the help and service that has been shown to us at this time.
Please keep the prayers coming and please pardon the spelling and grammar mistakes as I wrote this on my tablet and struggle working this thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Thanks for posting, I hope everything continues to work out well. I think we all imagine bed rest would be cool until it actually happens and the reality is that your kids still need to be watched and that is hard! You rock.
Post a Comment