These kids of mine are full of random comments and actions that leave me either in shock or laughing hard. A few I didn't want to forget:
*In primary at church we sing the song, 'If the Savior Stood Beside Me'. We have been trying to teach the kids through this song that they should behave like the Savior is near always. Since we have been doing this Kambree asks often if certain things make Jesus happy or sad. The kids have a friend that they struggle with often. He is a bit more physical than they like and because of this they are a little scared of him. One day at dinner Kambree stated that 'Jesus doesn't like -----!' We explained that Jesus loves him, he just doesn't always behave the right way, but Jesus still loves him. A couple days later we were with these friends again and Kambree announced loudly to him, '----- you don't EVER make Jesus happy!' Oh boy!
*We have a pass to Thanksgiving Point. Since we want to make the most of these passes we try to go often. The kids LOVE it! Going as often as we do the kids have witnessed a bit of the animal world that they didn't know much about before. It's always a laugh to see the way they interpret things they see. The other day while at the Farms we were on a wagon ride that was full to the brim of people; mostly mothers and their young children. While passing the horses Jackson exclaimed about as loudly as he could, 'Did you know a horses peanut grow and grows and grows huge when he goes pee?' (Side note: While trying to teach Jackson the correct terms for his body parts he misunderstood and thought I said peanut so that is what he calls his little manhood. I can't seem to get myself to correct it.)
*Kaylee has been waking up often in the middle of the night and coming upstairs. Sometimes she comes and gets us, other times we just hear something around our house or one of the other children comes to get her to tell on her. She helps herself to milk and treats and just hangs out. Such a naughty mischievous child she is!
*Jackson came upstairs last night after dinner while I was finishing cleaning up. He looked at me with huge eyes and a look of complete awe and confusion on his face and shared this story: ' I just went in to go to the bathroom and guess what I discovered?' (He then proceeded to pull down his shorts and pull down his underwear only to show that he had another pair of underwear on.) 'Two underwear! How did that happen?!?' I said he probably forgot to take the pair off that he wore last night when he put on this mornings pair. He was quite adamant that when he had gone to school he only had on one pair and that the second pair just mysteriously appeared. His face was seriously priceless. He was in complete awe of the fact that some how another pair of underwear had just appeared on him (and inside out at that!).
Oh these children of mine! They drive me up one wall and down the other, but give me some great laughs along the way!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
oh Becky . . . I have tears! TEARS streaming down my face. I seriously love your kids! (and you too!) Hope you are well! xoxo!
Post a Comment