Friday, October 26, 2012

Batman and Primary Programs

The kids are being super heros for Halloween this year.  Jackson has been loving Batman lately so that was his costume of choice.  Jackson has never actually seen a Batman show, but his cousin is very into Batman so he has learned quite of bit about Batman from him.  Earlier this week we dressed up for a ward trunk-or-treat.  After getting his costume on Jackson went right into Batman mode, running around fighting off bad guys.  More than once he fought off a bad guy he called Toothpaste.  I asked if that's what he was saying and he said 'yes.'  Confused I asked what the bad guy toothpaste looks like.  He replied that 'he has two different sides of his face, one is scary and the other is normal.'  No amount of persuading has been able to convince him that the name is in fact Two Face.  He is convinced his cousin told him Toothpaste and he is sticking to it!  Love that kid!!

We have our Primary Program in church coming up this Sunday.  I have been getting more and more nervous the closer it gets.  I was called to be the Chorister in Primary about 2 months ago, and we missed 3 of those weeks due to Stake Conference, General Conference, and a temple dedication.  So, to now do a program I am a bit nervous.  I guess these nerves are getting the best of me and I have been having some CRAZY dreams!  

In my first dream I arrive in church and go to take my place in the bench a few rows back only to find it is completely full and no one will move.  The whole church is packed!  The only seat I can find is in the top of the balcony (we don't actually have a balcony in our church).  None of the kids can see me and the whole program goes crazy cause no one knows when to stand or sit or sing.  I woke to everyone pointing and yelling at me!

In my next dream I am standing where I am supposed to be.  The first song gets ready to begin and I go to hold up a small poster board I have some cues for the kids on.  I hold up the poster and all the children get wide eyed and some start to cry.  The adults all start screaming.  I look at the poster only to discover that there are some very pornographic pictures on it.  Horrified I look through all my boards and it is just a series of porn!  

My last dream was a little less terrifying, but scary still the same.  The place they have me standing during the program is about 3 rows back right in the middle.  As I go to stand up to direct the first song I hear laughing behind me.  Turns out when I got ready that morning I tucked my skirt into my undies and my whole backside was just hanging out for the world to see!

I will be so relieved when this program is over and done with!!

2 comments:

Sheffers said...

I am having the same nightmares with you. we just got our new chorister 2 weeks ago and our program is this sunday....awesome! good luck you will do great and how lucky is your ward to have you as there chorister!

Julie said...

Oh Becky! I am certain the program will go wonderfully! You would make an awesome primary chorister! But what awful dreams! Funny for me to read.... But awful for you! Let us know how it goes!