Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Best Surprise!

I'm about a week delayed in getting this written, but better late than never right? 

Two years and 9 months ago I was living my life in a bit of a constant fog.  I had just given birth to my second child 3 months prior.  She was not sleeping through the night and suffered from some reflux causing her to be a bit colicky.  I was battling through a bit of the baby blues.  My husband was working full time and going to school 4 nights a week until 9pm.  Also with that he was serving in our church in a calling which required weekly weekday meetings as well as Sunday morning meetings.  I had just gone back to work, working the 6pm to 6am shift once or twice a week.  I can very clearly recall kneeling down and praying for relief.  I had reached my wits end and decided to let Heavenly Father know that I needed a break.  I told Him all about how I felt overwhelmed and told Him exactly what I needed in order for me to be able to cope.

3 months later after taking a pregnancy test in order to be ok to take some medication I discovered our lives were going to get a bit more complicated.

1 week prior to giving birth to our sweet surprise KC was called in to church and given a calling that would not only require his weekly weekday and Sunday morning meetings, it would also require him to not be able to sit with us during our Sacrament meeting and would also require him to stay after church each week.  (I considered inactivity!  Just kidding.....kind of....)



Kaylee's birth was pretty near perfect.  We had some worries going into it since I was induced 3 weeks early due to low umbilical cord flow, yet it was the easiest labor yet.  Once she got checked over by a handful of people and they determined that she was pretty much perfect I was able to hold her!



She truly was pretty much perfect!  We had to feed more often due to a small belly (the low blood flow made it so her stomach didn't grow like it should have) and she had a small hole in her heart, which would heal on it's own, but otherwise we had no complications or problems. 



(Cheering on her Utes with her cousin Eloise who is 2 weeks older than her)

Kaylee was my angel baby.  She truly was the best baby a mom could ask for.  She loved to be held, but was great just playing on the floor.  She was happy as can be and pretty much just content with whatever was going on.


Just shy of her 1st birthday we started to get a glimpse of our baby's sassy side.  Boy is this child a sassy pants!  She follows our other 2 kids around scolding them for things they do wrong.  She teases them and pushes their buttons.  Kaylee is sneaky and does things that she knows she shouldn't and then gives us the greatest little crooked smile that no matter how hard we try not to always makes us laugh.  This baby knows what she wants and is not at all shy about getting it.  She is mischievous and sly.  She makes some of the most hilarious faces!  Despite her sassy side she is loving and sweet.  Kaylee gives me hugs and kisses and I love you's often throughout the day.  She is my little buddy, usually not more than a couple steps behind me as I go throughout my day.  Oh how I love her!!

I cannot express to you how glad I am those 2 1/2ish years ago that Heavenly Father knew better than to grant me the wishes of my heart.  It's so comforting to know that He knows better than I do what I need and what I can handle!  (And with a great neighborhood (Village), church, and family I received so many blessings and so much support!) I cannot imagine my life without my little munchkin.  She brings such a spirit into our home and we would not be the same without her.  We are so grateful for our sweet surprise and look forward to the many surprises I am sure she will bring into our lives in the future!!

No comments: