Monday, August 20, 2012

Finally 3!

This morning as I woke up I laid in bed a few minutes and thought back to 3 years ago.  (I never blogged my birth story so bear with me!)

I had been having contractions for about 15 weeks now, but the past 2 weeks they had been a lot closer.  I was feeling them every 5 or so minutes.  I was feeling much worse the night of the 19th, but was unsure of what labor felt like since Jackson had been induced.  KC and I went to bed, though I only lasted about an hour before I was too uncomfortable to sleep.  Around midnight I began to be quite sure that I was in labor.  I laid in bed moaning every few minutes.   I was hoping KC would wake up and see if I was ok, but I felt guilty about full on waking him, so moaning seemed the best option.  Around 1 I caved and woke KC and let him know I thought we should go to the hospital.  We called my Papa and had him come get Jackson and headed to the hospital, checking in around 1:30 a.m.

Since week 28 I had been dilated to a 4 so when I arrived at the hospital I had progressed to a 6.  I immediately asked for my epidural and felt quite a bit better.  Since I always test positive for group B they got my IV going.  Right around 8 I felt something weird and noticed I was bleeding quite bad.  I called my nurse and we got the doctor in and decided to deliver.  Kambree made her arrival at 9:29 a.m.

She was a beauty.  Head full of hair, big wide open eyes, she looked absolutely perfect!  We were able to visit with a few family members.  I began feeling super light headed and felt like I kept giving birth over and over again.  I told the nurse and she checked my bleeding.... which was completely out of control at this point.  I was passing giant blood clots.  Turned out I had hemorrhaged!  They tried to stop the bleeding on their own by cleaning out the rest of uterus to no avail.  After a trip to the OR and some AMAZING medication I came back to my room, bleeding under control and high as a kite!  I think I called half the people in my phone book leaving them super random messages.




Even with all the drama that came with her delivery, every time I stared at that pretty face I felt heaven in my room!  She was a dream!!  So worth every bit of pain I had just been through.


Kambree was a spitfire from the beginning, the womb in fact.  She was so wild while I was pregnant that she fractured my pelvis.  She had a super nasty case of reflux which caused her to have a bit of colic.  She always had to be facing out and needed constant attention. Yet when you looked at her she would give you a smile that would make every tear erase from your memory! 

Kambree started walking at 9 months and talking shortly after.  She hasn't stopped either since!









1st birthday


2 nd birthday

Now my baby girl is 3!  She is full throttle in everything she does.  Kambree is a performer and life is her stage!  

I feel so blessed to be Kambree's mom. She makes every day of my life exciting!  There is never a dull moment thanks to her and I am so grateful for that.  I can't even imagine what is to come to her in the future, but I am sure she will meet it head on with  a smile on her face and a hop in her step.

Happy birthday Kambree Lynn Madill!! 




1 comment:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Kambree! Loved reading her birth story!