Thursday, July 12, 2012

Ruining my life!

I can't get my pictures to load so this is going to be a picture-less post!

KC reminded me I had a few stories from the kiddos that I needed to get write down before I forgot them.

A couple of weeks ago at breakfast the kids started talking about Heavenly Father and Jesus.  I figured this was one of those teaching opportunities that you aren't handed too much so I went with it and we started talking about how we can live with Heavenly Father and Jesus again one day.  Oh boy!  I'm not sure when I will learn my lesson, but next thing I know the 2 older kids are sobbing and Kaylee is scolding me for being mean.  When I finally calmed Jackson down enough to talk to me he explained that he didn't want to leave me and KC.  I told him that was the great thing, that we got to live with him in heaven too.  He continued to cry!  After a bit he was able to explain to me what was wrong now.  'But I LOVE my house in Lehi, Utah!'  Over time we have gotten to talk about it a little more as he has been asking more questions.  He asked if Cisco could live with us in Heaven.  I told him I thought so.  He then asked if our grandparents and cousins could live with us.  I told him that they could.  That as long as we try to be good while we are on earth we can all go back an live in Heaven one day.  He looked at me quite seriously and replied, 'I guess Cash can't go then.'  (Cash is his cousin... I guess they hadn't left each other on the best terms last time they played.)  We had a talk about how we all do naughty things sometimes, but we could tell Heavenly Father sorry.

I had a doctors appointment the other day.  While I was signing in I had the kids over sitting on some chairs next to us.  Kambree came running over and asked if 'those ladies over there ---> could come to our house for a party.'  I looked over to see 2 80+ year old women laughing their heads off.  Oh that child of mine!

On the 4th we went to Thanksgiving Point.  While in farm country we went on a wagon ride.  When we got off we told the kids to say Thank You.  Kambree said her thank you's and then asked if the driver wanted to  come to Disneyland with us tomorrow.  I seriously don't think she has a shy bone in her body.  That night while watching fireworks with KC's family she was especially in fine form.  Performing for everyone and 'bopping' around (which is a mixture of jumping and dancing.)  KC asked me later if she was like that often during the day.  YUP!  I think we are really going to have to teach her about stranger danger and hold off telling her anything we don't want passed along!!

I'm not sure where they learned it but over the past few days when the kids get mad they tell each other that they are ruining their lives!  More times than I can say I hear from one child or another about what they did to ruin their lives!  Kaylee got mad at me yesterday for something and walked away.  She came back a second later to scold me a minute and then yell, 'MY LIFE!' and go into her room and slam the door!  WHAT?!?  I swear that girl should not have that much sass for not even being 2 yet!

These kids seriously crack me up on a daily basis!!

3 comments:

Molly said...

Oh Becky how I miss your kids & their stories. I miss talking with you also.

Bryanna Johnson said...

I laughed when I read about Kambree talking to all the people she meets. Ezra does the same thing. Yesterday in the store I was so embarrassed because he stopped everyone he saw to tell them all about EVERYTHING that is happening in his life and ours. Your kids are cute!

Rachel said...

I love reading about the funny things your kids say. I love Jackson's take on heaven and how Cash can't come. Adorable!