Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Grateful!

This week is Lehi Round up days!  I LOVE town celebrations!!  Tonight there was a parade, the cattle drive parade.  KC had class, but I decided I wanted to take the kids.

We had a rough morning, but a pretty good rest of the day.  It was a pretty ordinary day.  As the parade began the flag was driven down the street and everyone stopped what they were doing, stood up, and put their hands on their hearts.  I looked down at my sweet kids as they somehow understood that this was a special moment and they ceased their craziness, stood still with their hands on their hearts and smiled as the flag passed.  I couldn't help feeling anything but an overwhelming sense of gratitude as I watched this happen.

I don't take enough time to just be grateful for all that I have been given.  I am so blessed and in this moment I was overcome with emotion as I realized that to it's full extent.  I felt a little silly as the tears came streaming down my face, but I couldn't help but count my blessings in that moment.  

  

I sure love these kiddos!  They are IMPOSSIBLE to take a decent picture of, but man they are cute!


Mostly Kaylee CRACKS ME UP in this picture!


The cattle drive!

I am a very lucky girl!!!

1 comment:

The Burnah Clan said...

ya'll coming to the horse parade? We will be there, at the park where it starts!