Wednesday, February 29, 2012

VICTORY!

I've discovered that since becoming a mom I view the word victory as a very different thing than I did before. Today I have been thinking of all the funny things I consider victories that I would have thought were crazy to be excited over in my pre-kids life. This all started this morning when I felt overjoyed for a pretty good nights sleep. I got to thinking about how in college I felt like the night was a waste if I just did nothing and went to bed early and slept all night. Now it is very near to one of the greatest things EVER! A few more victories:

*The kids eat dinner and don't need to be reminded a million times to sit in their chairs or to have just a couple more bites.

*I go more than 2 days in a row having showered and gotten completely ready.

*I get ready before noon.

*I find a diaper that my kids don't wet through during the night.

*I get ready and make it out the door without food or body fluids of one of my kids on my clothes.

*I read my child a book and they look at me just smile a smile that could melt the heart of anyone!

*Kambree takes a hold of my face with her cute chubby hands on my cheeks and tells me that I am so cute. (She has begun doing this randomly lately and I think it is just about the sweetest thing ever!)

*My kids say please and thank you without being reminded.

*Jackson and Kaylee play well together for more than 5 minutes. (These 2 are not the best combination. Kaylee pushes all of Jacksons buttons and he reacts severely when she does.)

*The kids laugh and play together!

*KC and I go on a date and laugh and kiss and remember all the little things that we love about each other.

*The other day I had a bit of a stomach bug and spent a bit of time in the bathroom. Jackson informed me afterwards that I am the coolest mom ever! I barely had the time to think about what a sweet boy he was when he added on, 'cause you pooped the biggest and most poop of anyone in the whole wide world!' Awesome! The things that make you victorious in the eyes of your children!!

How I love the small victories that day to day life at home with the family give me! I loved my life pre-kids, but I love the different perspectives that I have in my life now too! Though the world may not always see what I do as a victorious thing I feel lucky to have those moments when I see my childrens eyes opened as they learn or their hearts changed as they learn compassion and I realize that I would take these victories over worldly ones any day!

2 comments:

Amie said...

Congratulations on your poop! haha just kidding. But I am totally laughing out loud at his comment. I love kids! And I also love celebrating the small victories. It's all I have these days. Oh and your chair that you reupholstered looks awesome.

mare said...

ha. love this becky. so true. it's so...simple, in a way isn't it? to view life this way? i love being happy over things like this. glad you guys are happy.