I have a problem.
I have a tendency to simplify things WAY too much in this mind of mine and convince myself I can do it. It really is a problem.
Every year I used to watch the Warren Miller ski movie in the fall and by the time it was over I had myself convinced I was capable of doing those things. Being realistic I knew I couldn't, but I get so caught up in everything that all sense of being realistic goes out the window. My first run of the season each year just about did me in as I would try to do things I was far from capable of doing.
Same thing happened when I watched Blue Crush way back when. I ended that movie sure I was bound to be the next surfing sensation. Never mind the fact that every time I have gone merely standing up exhausts me to the point I can hardly move when I am done.
Yet, I still have no control it seems over this mind of mine and it convincing me that I can do things.
My latest venture was reupholstering some nice ksl found chairs. They had really good bones, just weren't the color that I needed/wanted in my living room. Yet, I couldn't afford to get chairs that I wanted so they were the next best thing. I watched loads of videos on how to do it and I got to work.
The chairs started off like the one on the left.
This was exhausting to say the least. There are about a million trillion staples in each chair and my poor fingers are still sore to the touch (and it has been 4 days since I finished.) Not to mention my poor arthritic back that is still paying for sitting in all sorts of weird positions trying to get them done.
Yet I guess some times it's good for me to try things like this as I know that I have paid for the stuff and I need to figure it out and get it done.
We took lots of breaks to play ba'ninjas (I don't know... Kambree is sure that is what ninjas are called.) with the scraps of material. The kids were also helpful in helping me pick up all the random staples around the rooms, though I am sure we will be finding stray staples for years.
And the finished product.
We also re did the kids rocking chairs as they have been through the ringer and needed a little TLC. I have finished the 2 older kids, but am still working on Kaylees... I'll post pictures when we finish.
Next project: finding a rug and coffee table.





5 comments:
Wow! Those look awesome.
Love it Becky!
Those are fantastic! Want to do some for me??
it looks so good! i am super proud of you. nice work becks! i'm excited to see it with the rug and table. did you decide what color rug to get?
Wow Becky. That looks so good! I've always wanted to try that, but I think I'd rather just pay you to do it for me. There's no way mine would turn out that good. Good work!
Post a Comment