We are moving!
We are really excited and sad... all at once. One perk of having KC working at Ivory Homes is that we were able to get into a home sooner than we thought we would. So, after nearly 4 years in the University Village at The University of Utah we are out of here come the first week of December.
I'm pretty sure I packed my camera somewhere... either that or it is lost in the chaos that is the rest of our house. I haven't posted in a while because I can't find the camera with the pictures that accompany our stories, hopefully it shows up soon. If we don't find it pre-move you will be getting months of updates in December!
I did want to post a few fun things that have happened in the last little bit.
Kambree is officially potty trained. She still wears diapers at night, but during the day we are out of the diapers and into the Dora and Princess Undies! I feel so excited about this as just over a year ago I had 3 kids in diapers. One seems very do-able now!
Jackson and Kambree have been little pills latley. They never want to go to bed! Last Saturday we have a game night set up with our neighbors and the kids were still fighting going to sleep. I threatened their lives and we set up our phones as monitors (we use one phone to call the other phone, put them both on speaker and mute the one we take with us). We have always felt ok with that being as we live in apartments and our neighbors are all about 15 feet away from us. We listened to them talk and sing and fight and yell for a good hour or so. Suddenly it got a little quiet and we could hear Jacksons distant voice calling for me. KC headed back to our house to check on them. When he came back he let us know that he found the 2 older kids upstairs from our house knocking on our Korean neighbors door. When he took them back to the house he discovered they had turned on every light, gotten out chips, ate some and then fed some to Kaylee in her crib. They finally fell asleep around 10pm.
Last night the baby was asleep when we put the older 2 to bed. (They are all 3 sharing a room right now.) The older 2 of course were being naughty and not falling asleep. We had put them both to bed about 4 times already when we heard Kaylee screaming bloody murder. We ran in there to find the 2 older kids had attacked the poor child in her sleep and all 3 were now in Kaylees crib. (Because of the move we have all sorts of boxes everywhere... perfect to help them climb into the crib.) Today I got after the kids again for climbing in her crib telling them that is not something we do. Jackson asked if I was mad again like yesterday. I told him I kind of was and that it makes me feel sad when they don't listen to the things I ask them to do. He thought it over for a second and then let me know that if I just didn't come in when they were doing naughty things then I wouldn't be sad or mad. Makes sense I guess....
Well, cross your fingers I get around to finding my camera!!





2 comments:
So are you moving into a brand new house? That's exciting! Where is it?
I love Jackson's reasoning. So cute! Let me know if you need any help for the move.
Post a Comment