Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tri weekend!

Last weekend I had my triathlon in American Fork. KC and I didn't want to drive down in different cars, but I had to be there at 6:30ish in the am. In the end we decided to get a hotel room down there so I could just ride my bike to the tri in the morning. We made it into a mini vacation with the kids and had a really good time.

When we got down there we got some dinner and had a picnic on the floor of our hotel room. The kids were so excited about everything that they couldn't even focus long enough to eat much.

After dinner we changed and headed down to the pool.


Jackson was a little hesitant about the swim.... SURPRISE!! He got in and played with us for a little while and then just stood on the stairs for a while at the end.


Kambree LOVED the pool! She was slightly annoyed that either KC or I insisted on holding on to her while in the water. She just wanted to go about it on her own. It was really fun to watch her play.


Kaylee was a big fan of the water too!


Here are the kids showing off their swimsuits before heading down to the pool.


Kaylee looked adorable in her little swimsuit. I love me a cute little chubby baby in a swimsuit!!

The kids were IN LOVE with the beds! They spent most of the night jumping from bed to bed laughing like crazy!


Kaylee wanted to get to the good stuff.

After a couple tries and a couple hours we were finally able to get the kids down and we were all able to get some sleep!


The tri was fun! I really enjoyed it and look forward to doing another one! I was so exhausted and sore when it was over but I am so grateful I did it!!

5 comments:

Sycamore Girl said...

Nice bike! Is that yours?

How fun to have made it into a mini vacation! Leave it to you to make your post showcasing your adorable children!

Well done on the triathlon. And I really did tear up out there when you came outside and said hey to me. I'm so proud of you...and want the same for me! What a rock star you are!

Unknown said...

You are amazing!

Emily said...

Way to go! I'm so glad you had the opportunity to do this -- it is an amazing accomplishment.

Stacy and Blair said...

That's awesome Becky! I don't even know how you had time to train for that thing. It would take me a whole year of training I'm so out of shape! I would like to do a tri, but I can't swim unless I doggy paddle and that might not get me too far. I want to come play soon! Let me know when we can come.

Cody and Michelle said...

Nice job Becky! I wouldn't have been able to do it!