Monday, May 3, 2010

My alzheimers!

And the other of the year award goes to:

Basically any mom but me lately!!

Get a load of what I have done lately! (Or not done!)

The worst of it started on Saturday when I made a trip to the grocery store. Due to our upcoming trip and the fact that I was going to have extra kids with no car all week I made my big shopping trip to get stuff for the kids while we are gone on Saturday. I did this trip right after I went to my friends bridal shower dinner. When I got home KC asked if I brought him a sandwich (I asked him before I left if I could bring him one from where we were eating). I replied 'NO', feeling terrible! I was in fact the one who offered! 'It's ok' he sweetly answered and went about finding something to make himself. 'Did you happen to get some milk?' was his next question. 'Nope', was my reply again! Sweet... 0 for 2 so far!! I ended up needing milk for a dessert I was supposed to make for family dinner on Sunday so KC went to the store and got all that I forgot (even bringing me home some Dr. Pepper! What a man!!)

Sunday I had gotten the kids up and ready for church. KC called to let me know he was outside (he has to take the car to meetings in the mornings on Sundays). I told him I would be out in a moment, I just had to hurry and throw the church bag together. I did so, pretty proud of myself as it felt extra light and looked a bit more roomy than normal! In the middle of sacrament Kambree left a good amount of chewed up cheerios on KC's suit so he asked for a wet wipe. Sure, I answered as I looked in the bag. That's right... I brought a diaper bag with no diapers or wipes! I guess I brought more of a toy bag than anything... no wonder it was so roomy!

And what a day we had today! I woke up realizing I had left the last formula we had at my moms house! With no car that could hold all the kids I have had at my house I was left to figure it out. Luckily I made the small amount we had last and then Kambree just had some juice. (I later got some formula when I went to go pick up Jacksons soy milk (after making my neighbors listen for my kid while he napped). After what felt like the longest day ever I was out letting the kids play. It was time to come in and get ready for the kids I am watchings mom to come pick them up. I brought the kids in and walked in the door and KC (who was studying on the couch) asked where Kambree was. No big deal... I just came in and left my 8 month old outside to play with the other kids! Luckily I live by some great people who were just watching her like it was normal for someone to walk into their house without their kids.

And then to top it all off this evening KC had just left for a final and I was getting ready to take a load of laundry down to the laundry room to dry. I got down there and realized the other other key I had on my key ring was my laundry door room! That's right... I had completely forgotten that I had taken my door key off my key ring to give to my neighbor while she was listening for Jackson and I had never put the key back on the ring. So, it being after maintenance hours I was stuck going to the neighbors to call the campus police to come open my door for me. The best part being... my children were just locked in my apartment! Luckily they did little damage and were alive and well when I got there!

So, here's to hoping that I somehow get a better memory and stop just plain doing dumb things! I am so looking forward to this cruise I am going on!!!!

4 comments:

Sycamore Girl said...

I think they call it "Mom-nesia"
Kids + pregnancy will do that to you! At least you can laugh about it...and maybe a few tears, but in the end- really, its humorous. You have to admit!

Sheffers said...

ha ha, I was totally laughing the whole time. So sorry, the good news is your so calm and collective about it all. this is the number one reason you cannot move away from me, is so you can use my phone. jk I hope your brain cells come back soon, I am still waiting for mine to come back. Good luck!

Bryanna Johnson said...

That's pretty funny. You look like you have it all together!(and you really do.)

The Williams Family said...

Ditto on what Sheffers said, I too am still waiting for my brain cells to come back! Glad to hear I'm not the only one!