KC and I decided we needed a break (OK, I decided that and told KC what we were doing!) So back in December we booked a cruise. We did this before we found out we were pregnant and were really nervous cause they don't let you go if you are more than 24 weeks pregnant. Luckily I just made the deadline and we were off!
My parents watched the kids for the days we were gone! It was so nice to not have to worry about whether or not they were ok because we knew they were in good hands!
This is a picture of me and KC in the airport in Dallas waiting to leave to head to Miami. We didn't even realize we both were matching so much! SILLY! By the way, I hate flying! I threw up on the landing into Miami... I don't know that I have felt that dumb in a while... it's so gross to be throwing up in a sick bag while everyone around is watching completely grossed out!
We spent the night in Miami and then headed to the boat the next day. After boarding the boat we had to wait for a million and half years for everyone to meet so they could tell us what to do if there was an emergency. This picture is KC and I bored while waiting!
OK, so these pictures are not in great order, but this is just picture on the way to the boat showing we were in the Port of Miami.
South beach! We came here on our last day in Miami before heading home! I was nervous about seeing topless people on the different islands we visited, but in reality South Beach is where we saw almost all of them! It was a nice beach however, fun to walk along.
Our first island visited was Half Moon Cay, which is a private island. This island seriously had the most beautiful sand and water I had ever seen in my life! It seemed fake almost! We had a lot of fun just enjoying the water when we first got here. We were late getting off the boat due to a medical emergency the night before where we had to stop the boat and wait for a helicopter to come land on our boat and pick up the sick woman. (Later in the trip we are almost positive we saw this womans husband with another woman... that's right... he stayed while she headed to the
While on this island we decided to go parasailing! It was so fun! I was really nervous and my heart was pounding the whole time, but I loved it. It is so peaceful up in the air and you could see the entire island... so beautiful!!
I forgot my camera at the second island, which was St. Thomas. I had a water proof one, but have not gone to get the pictures developed yet. After St. Thomas we went to San Juan, Puerto Rico. We went on a small tour of Old San Juan which was really neat. We got to see their capitol building and then they took us to 2 different forts. Old San Juan used to be completely walled in. It was really cool to see the old buildings. This picture is of me and KC in front of one of the forts. Right next to this fort there was this cute park with loads of families flying kites and what not... so pretty! After our tour we just wandered Old San Juan, shopped, and enjoyed the beautiful colored buildings and stone streets!
Our last island was Grand Turks, Turks and Caicos. The weather was less than desirable when we first got to the island. Lots of waves and rain and wind. It cleared up for the most part however. This was such a small island and we mostly just enjoyed walking around exploring and people watching.
When we got back to Miami we had the whole day to waste before we could check in to our hotel. We decided to take a tour of the everglades. It was really neat. We got out there and got on an air boat and they took us through certain parts of the Everglades National Forest. It is really pretty. We saw a few alligators and lots of pretty wildlife.
It gets awful windy on those boats. Also they have you wear ear plugs cause it gets WAY loud! We had a really fun time. When we got back we headed to South Beach and then back to our hotel. The next morning we slept in then explored Bayside which was right by our hotel. By the time we were done there it was time to head to the airport to come home.
We really enjoyed our trip. We slept more than we had ever slept before I think. We ate more than we had eaten in ages. We held hands everywhere we went! People thought we were newly weds, which was fun! It was just really enjoyable to just spend so much time with my husband and just love him so much! I am so lucky to have him and it was just paradise to spend all that time together laughing and relaxing and just plain enjoying each others company! Man I love that guy!!!
We were excited to get back to the kids though! We missed them terribly and were so happy to see their little faces when we got back!!





4 comments:
Oh man I'm jealous! It looks like it was a wonderful, well needed vacation! We went on a Carnival Cruise out of Port of Miami last year so its funny cuz we have lots of pictures in the same spots as you! I'm so glad I know your blog now!
It looks beautiful. I'm glad you guys had a good time!
So fun it looks like you guys know how to PARTY! I cant believe that someone got sick and there lame husband POISONED her, jk. He must be cheap, or maybe it was his mistress and his wife poisoned her, ha ha ha. well bummer on getting off the boat late. I always wondered what would happen if someone got real sick, now i know. I want to do a cruise again, thanks a lot, now I am jealous. jk
Fun fun fun till my daddy took my T-bird away!!!!
Post a Comment