Right next to the carousel there are the funnest little water play areas. One is sort of a wade pool and one is a spash pad. This day we decided to do the wade pool.
The kids were in heaven! This was seriously one of their very favorite places. They had such a good time. After all of this the kids were POOPED!!! Luckily that evening was overcast and pretty cold (we tried the pool, but didn't last more than a couple minutes.. too cold).
The next day we got up, had breakfast, dad worked a bit, and then we headed to the pool. Saturday was MUCH better weather. We spent several hours over at the pool.
This year we caved and bought the kids puddle jumpers for the pool. BEST INVESTMENT EVER!!! Kambree didn't care one way or the other for hers (could have had something to do with the fact that she chose to walk right off the shallow spot and had a good little while sinking until we were able to get to her) Jackson and Kaylee LOVED theirs though! They were thrilled with the fact that they could swim without having to hold on to me or KC.
It was really bright!
We knew there was a splash pad and park a couple streets away from where we were staying and decided to walk over and check it out.
It was mostly just really hot and the splash pad was not on so the kids didn't last too long. I did think the park was rather fun and I love the tents over the playground. I would pretty much do nearly anything to have those on the playgrounds up this direction!
Since this was a bust and KC needed to go to the store to get several things for his office down there he dropped us back off at the city center and went to run his errands. We started with the splash pad this time. The girls got bored of this pretty quick, but Jackson loved it. He was pretty bugged when I made him come with us so we could go back to the wading pool for the girls to play. He quickly forgot about it once he started to play though!
The rest of our trip I forgot to take pictures of. The kids were pretty exhausted after the pool and splash pad so we stayed in and watched a movie that night.
Sunday was our drive home day. It was also Mothers Day. I was awoken by 3 sweet babies with gifts. So sweet! Love those kids of mine! I am so lucky to be their mom!! After a delicious breakfast we decided to take another walk through Pioneer Park so Jackson could show KC. He had been dying to go back and show KC how cool it is. We had another really fun walk. After our walk we went back to the house, cleaned up, packed up, and headed home.
It was not my perfect weekend, as I would have loved to see a little more of KC, but it was pretty close. It was so fun to be away from home and exploring something new and exciting. I love St. George and really enjoyed being there. The kids have been begging to go back since we returned home.
Hopefully soon kids, hopefully soon!
















No comments:
Post a Comment