Jackson has been preparing for Preschool graduation for several weeks now. He has been so excited he could hardly stand it. This morning we had to wake him up to get ready for school because he was having a rare day of sleeping in. When you wake Jackson up he is a lot like his mother when being woken up... grumpy and emotional. As I was helping him get dressed (he also has no ability to get ready on his own when he is still tired) I asked if he was excited for graduation today. He immediately began to cry and said, 'I am going to miss you so much when I go to kindergarten.' Oh my sweet boy!
He cheered greatly as he waited for his ride to school. Graduation was 2 hours after school started so we got the kids ready and headed over. KC was able to work from home for the morning so that he could come and my brother and mom came down to watch also.
The kids lined up in the hall and came walking in to the graduation song (Not the vitamin-c song, the other one. I'm sure it has a name, I just don't know it). It was pretty much adorable. And I may have shed a tear or two. (Let's blame it on the pregnancy!)
He was so adorable! Every few minutes he would look over and just grin a big cheesy grin as he would look at us all. Melt my heart!!
The kids did a little program where they preformed some of the songs they have been learning through out the year.
Jackson getting his diploma and shaking his teachers, Miss Angie, hand.
He was SO EXCITED!
My mom and me both made him a candy lei. He thought that was pretty cool. His best friend, Rachel, also gave him a book and some M&M's. Lucky kid!
Jackson with Rachel. I sure love these two!!
I'm so proud of my little guy. He is such a good, sweet kid! I am so lucky to be his mom!!!
P.S. A side note I never blogged about, but don't want to forget. Each day at the end of school Jacksons teacher gives them skittles. They usually have the chance to earn 2 or 3, but can lose some or all if they misbehave that day. After school each day when Jackson gets in the car the first thing he does is give me a skittle count. He tells me how many he got and what colors they were. Then he goes on to tell me how many the other kids in his class got and why some of them didn't earn all of their skittles. One day a couple weeks ago he climbed in the car and sort of sulked his way to the back seat where he climbed in his chair. My mom alarm went off right away and I asked him how school was and how many skittles he got. Right away his friend informed me that he only got 2 skittles that day not 3 because he spit on the teachers seat. Jackson immediately responded with, it wasn't my idea and I didn't do it first.
I was SHOCKED!! Jackson is usually my rule abiding child. Spitting on his teachers chair is about the last thing I had expected to hear he had done at school. We went home and had a good talk about it and Jackson wrote out an apology card to take to his teacher the next day. When I picked him up his teachers talked to me and explained that it wasn't too big of a deal and said that his whole table was doing it and he was one of the last offenders so not to be too upset with him. They said he is normally a very good student and this was a weird out of the norm act. I was glad to hear that and chose not to tell them that the whole day after it happened I went from shock, to worry, to complete laughter imagining my son doing that. Hopefully this is my last time ever hearing any of my childrens names and the word spit in the same sentence related to school!











1 comment:
He is such a cutie! Will you send me that picture of Jackson and Rachel? So cute!
Post a Comment