Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fall

We have really been enjoying the fall! I seriously LOVE fall in Utah!! It has been simply gorgeous!! I have been meaning to take the kids up to look at the fall leaves, but ended up having a good week or two of sickness so we just weren't getting it done. After finally feeling better we headed to the mountains. We went up Big Cottonwood Canyon to Silver Lake.


The kids loved exploring!


It was SO BEAUTIFUL up there! Not to mention peaceful, even with my 3 crazy kids, which says alot!


Oh I love these 3!


Some nice man offered to get a picture of the 4 of us. After Kambree asked if he wanted to hold her hand and walk around the lake with her. She also dragged all sorts of other random people to come see the lake, ducks, leaves, etc. That girl is sometimes too friendly for her own good.


They LOVED this adventure!


The canyon was really so pretty! I was in awe the whole time that I live so close to so much beauty! I felt so at peace with the world up there.


A couple weeks ago some friends of ours invited us up to their families cabin in Midway. It had snowed in the mountains that week and I had to get a shot of our snow caped mountains.


We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this girl! She is so adorable and so much fun! My kids adore her. Not only do we love her and her cute baby brother, but we love their parents.... I don't think it could get any better.


The kids had a blast playing ping pong!



Bedtime was another story. I think the kids ended up coming upstairs after we put them to bed about a hundred times. They finally fell asleep with Jackson in the bed and Kambree on a love sac on the ground.

We feel so blessed to have such fun friends!

Hopefully fall stays for a LONG time!

Oh yeah, one quick story I don't want to forget. One day a couple weeks ago we were coming home from my sisters house. On the way home we pass a restaurant named Tres Hombres. On the sign it has 3 guys on it. Kambree looked at the sign and asked who they were. I turned the question around and asked her who they were. She thought carefully for a minute and replied, 'Jesus... Grandpa.... and Old McDonald!' I laughed to myself and she began singing 'Old McDonald had a farm, e-i-e-i-o, and on his farm he had a cow....' when Jackson piped up from the back 'McDonald does not have a COW, he has CHICKEN NUGGETS!'

Oh boy!

3 comments:

Amie said...

haha I loved that story. Your kids are hilarious! Kambree is possibly the funniest little girl ever!

LindsMcConk said...

Oh, I'm so glad you posted this! I forgot to take any pictures while we were up there.. And I LOVE the pictures up the canyon, how gorgeous!

Daddy Thugz said...

Jesus, Grandpa, and Old McDonald. That is good stuff.