Monday, November 29, 2010

Birthday and so much more!

Lots has happened since I last updated.

First of all I am no longer a mother of 3 kids under 3! Jackson is officially 3 years old!!


I think he thought his birthday lasted an entire week long. Celebrating with family all on separate days, he was in a little bit of heaven.


When I asked Jackson what he wanted for his birthday cake he told me he wanted a Spiderman, Ironman, Batman, Buzz, Woody, Thomas, McQueen, and Yoda cake. So here is what he got. His cake at the Madills was a Garfield cake, at home it was a giant cupcake, and at the Hogans we brought a cake that I made to look like Thomas in the front with a couple train cars behind it. Riding on those cars were Ironman, Buzz, Woody, and Yoda. He had a spiderman candle. So I missed a few, but it was as close as I can get. I forgot my camera so I will have to post a picture when I get one off my moms camera. He enjoyed blowing out, or rather spitting out, the candles.


Kambree loved all the cake we ate that week and even helped herself to her brother and cousins pieces!


Jackson was a lot of fun when it came to opening his presents this year. He was so excited with each gift he was given.


Here he is showing off a few of them.

He seemed to have a really good birthday. We are so lucky to have spent the last 3 years with Jackson in our lives. He has quite the personality and keeps us laughing. We love this little man with everything we have in us. He is so sweet to his little sisters and such a good helper around the house. We love you Jackson and look forward to all the years ahead of us!!

There have been a few snow days the past couple weeks. The kids have been amazed by the snow.


We went out one of the days and played for a while. It was in the teens with a freezing wind so we didn't last too long, but Jackson and Kambree quite liked this little sled. Kambree is crying in this picture cause she was upset that I stopped pulling them around. Only once did they tip and get white washed!


The night of Thanksgiving I officially declare it time to decorate! We got out the decorations and our little Christmas tree. The kids LOVED decorating the tree. It ended up decorated a bit lopsided, but they did a pretty good job... and after they went to bed I spread out the decorations a bit.

And the good news is it has only been pulled over 3 times in the last 5 days... not bad.


Kaylee just sat and watched smiling away. I love seeing this sweet little smile!

And what have we been doing in between these adventures:


Lots of tummy time!


Hanging out on the couch!


Climbing on these that are obviously not made to be climbed on.


And cheering for the Utes! Here is Kaylee and my sister Brittanys cute baby Ellie. I thought the picture above would have been super cute if they were cheering for opposing teams. Instead it just is a picture where Kaylee is beating up on her cousin.


But we got a cute one of them both happy too! We sure love that Baby Ellie at our house!


And the 2 older kids have enjoyed pretending to be much younger than they really are!



I didn't write a Thanksgiving Thankful post (I also didn't take any pictures of either Thanksgiving dinner we enjoyed, though both were amazing and we loved spending time with family). I did however want to take a second to say how blessed I truly am! I am blessed with the most amazing husband ever! I have the cutest, sweetest children a girl could ask for. My extended families are fantastic. I have the gospel in my life which is a source of complete comfort and guidance. I have good neighbors, great friends, and an amazing support system. I really am such a lucky girl. Life is not always the easiest, but each day if I take the time to look I can see so many blessings and I am so lucky to have them. (If you have a second read this: http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1298-27,00.html . A talk by President Monson on gratitude. I gave a lesson in Relief Society on Sunday on this talk and it is a great reminder of things to focus on.)

Christmas is coming so I am sure we will have lots of adventures to post on soon!

2 comments:

Sycamore Girl said...

Thank you! I love your life! :)

Bryanna Johnson said...

Cute pictures. Now you have a big 3 year old!