I'm working tonight. When it gets to be the middle of the night all sorts of random conversations begin here! Tonight me and some of the people I work with got talking about church. We were talking about how hard it is to take kids to church. How Sunday's are no longer 'a day of rest' when you have to take children with you to 3 hours of church! I have pretty much decided that for the most part if I get to feel the spirit for a minute during sacrament meeting I consider it a good week. Usually I just figure it's so that I don't get out of the habit of going to church and I can help my kids get in the habit of going... cause other than that it is just a 3 hour block of sitting somewhere to throw off my kids schedules. Don't get me wrong... I love church and am extremely grateful that I can go each week, it's just a bit more rough when you have kids. A couple weeks ago we had a particularly rough week. Jackson woke up yelling at me that he did not want to go to church. We got there and he did pretty good during sacrament meeting, but then was not happy in nursery (he usually loves nursery, he was just upset that he couldn't have a toy that another boy had brought). I stayed with him for a while until he calmed and let me know I should go to my own class. After church came another series of melt downs however. KC was just going to catch a ride home with someone after he was done with meeting stuff so I just took the kids and headed home. On the ride home I was trying to figure out what had Jackson so upset.... Do you want a nap? Do you want milk? Do you want a snack? ..... and the list went on. Perhaps I added a Do you want to be beat? in the mix of question as I was quickly losing my cool. (I have never spanked my child... never laid a hand on him, just as a side note in this.) I was just saying silly things to keep myself from yelling. We moved on to more possiblilities, yet as we got out of the car at our apartment complex Jackson decided the one thing he would remember of my lists of do you wants is the beating one and he begins to yell, "No mommy, I don't want you to beat me... Don't beat me mom... I no want you to beat me!!" Sweet!! Good news is the only people in the parking lot were perhaps the sweetest people EVER! NICE Jackson NICE!! So the moral of the story is, no matter how much you feel you are not getting out of Sunday, no matter how exhausted you are and frusterated with your children... Don't mention something you don't want repeated cause that will be the first thing they choose to say! One day I will learn to have quiet peaceful Sundays... til then, bring on the beatings!!
No children were harmed in the writing of this blog post... please don't call Child Services on me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
It is so nice of you to call me the sweetest people. jk. Dido on the church thing, sometimes I wonder if its worth it and why dont we do home church like home school? I am all for it!
Becky,
I don't think you know me, but I follow your blog from a mutual friends blog. I love your stories, and I have two kids who are the same age as your two pretty much. It makes me feel like I am not alone. I hope it doesn't creep you out that I follow your blog.
Ooooh! You have a REAL blog-stalker!
I'm learning the difference between being spiritual and being religious. Attending church is important to me, but its not everything.
Post a Comment