Friday, May 22, 2009

Stupid Allergies

So Jackson has had a rough couple of days, not being able to keep much down. We had his FUN clinic (a nutrition appointment that we have to go to every couple months for Jacksons low weight) and everything checked out there. However they informed me that the lab people should have called to let me know that Jackson has food allergies! He is severely allergic to eggs and slightly allergic to milk and peanut. When I told KC this we both thought it was very odd cause he has been eating most of these things for at least 6 months. Well, we talked it over with the drs and they said so long as he is not having any reactions to these things it was ok to eat them in moderation, but to watch him carefully while he ate them. Well, we thought we had passed the throw up by this time so I was getting ready to take Jackson to my sisters to be watched until KC got home from class so I could go to work. I made it out of the parking lot and half way down the street before my little boy started puking in the back seat! Poor guy! I turned right around and KC helped me get everything cleaned up. I called his dr and set up an appointment and called in to work and said I would be late. At this appointment everything checked out again... which was sort of frusterating to me. I don't want my son to be sick, but at least if he was I would know why he was throwing up! So after a long talk with my doctor and KC we set a food schedule for Jackson to get him back on real foods. He has clear liquids for another day and then the BRAT diet which is supposed to be pretty easy on the stomach. After this we are going to go back into real foods, cutting out eggs, milk, and peanuts however. We are going to see if this makes a difference. The dr wonders if that's where Jackson gets his excema and also if it has had an effect on his failure to thrive/low weight. So we are going to give it a whirl for a while and see if it helps out with those things. I'm just dreading trying to find foods to make with no milk or eggs in them! The good news is, most kids grow out of milk and egg allergies and the peanut one I think won't make such a big difference in his diet! So that's what is new with us, hopefully that even made sense. Pray for a throw up free day tomorrow!!

2 comments:

The Tams said...

Oh I am sorry! That is not fun at all. I hope that this works!

Bryanna Johnson said...

I found your blog on Facebook so here I am reading it!