Thursday, August 6, 2009

Is it over yet?

So let's just go ahead and say right now, I don't love being pregnant. I never have. Both pregnancies I have had a few months where I have been ok with it, but never have I loved it. I now however HATE it! I am done with this pregnancy. Up until recently this pregnancy has been better than my one with Jackson. All together I have been in less pain and just been all around a happier person with this one. However, the past week I have been having contractions about every 5 minutes. My dr said I am still not moving forward as far as the labor goes and the baby is still doing well so she said not to even worry about coming back until they are about 3 minutes apart or my water breaks. I could handle this ok for the first couple days, but it is really wearing on me. Somedays I am totally that pregnant person that I always mocked and was grateful not to be. You know the one I am talking about. The one who cries at everything, or gets upset about completely insain things! I think that having these contractions is completley wearing me out and frusterating me to the point where some days I just lose it. One day I am mad at someone for looking at me what I think is funny like, the next day I am crying because they must hate me! Jackson has taken this time to become the cuddle bug he never was. He feels the need to be held at all times. Any time we are just hanging out in our apartment he has to be on my lap, only not really even on my lap, more like right on top of my belly because he has to get as close to me as he possibly can. I love that little guy, but seriously!?! I go in for an appointment on the 11th of this month and if nothing has changed my doctor has taken away my take it easy policy and will let me do as I wish to help move things along! Until that day comes... bless me with patience. (And for that matter, bless everyone who has to interact with me with patience so they can handle me!)

On the upside, Jackson is officially over 20 lbs! He is doing really well with his new diet (no milk, eggs, or nuts) and we are finally starting to gain! I don't know how long it will be until we catch up completely, or even if we ever will, but we are gaining which is more than I could say a couple months ago! He is quite the sweet little boy. I'm not sure how he will react to this new baby however. Some days I think he will be the sweetest thing ever, others I fear he will be incredibly jealous. We were watching the neighbors baby for a little while the other day outside and as I picked her up to bring her in Jackson just followed behind me saying, "no... mine... mine momma... mine..." and trying to get me to put her down and pick him up. It will be an adventure for sure. Right now he loves to watch 'Cars' and insists on beginning everyday with this movie. He has moved into his car toddler bed and has quite the routine that he has us to before bed each night. After he brushes his teeth he grabs a book (almsot always 'Green Eggs and Ham' but on rare occasion it's 'Cat in the Hat') and jumps into bed. He has his teddy bear right next to him and one of his blue blankets in his arms. After reading the book (he usually insists on daddy reading it and he has memorized so many of these books that he basically reads along) we say prayers. Jackson will either try to copy what is being said if he is in a good mood, or he will say 'amen' over and over again, hoping to get the prayer done and overwith if he is being a grump. After prayers comes lights out and song time. We always have to start with 'Follow the Prophet' and move on to 'Book of Mormon Stories'... after these two songs we will sing some quieter songs in hopes to calm him down and help him to sleep, though the whole time KC and I are just singing by ourselves because Jackson is still singing 'Book of Mormon Stories' and doing the actions over and over again as we sing to ourselves. Finally we get our 'night night' and 'love you' 's and he will be off to bed! He just cracks me up with how things have to go just a certain way. As far as our daily activities other than watch cars he loves to play with his cars. He LOVES to go outside and ride on the bikes and will repeat bikes to you about a million and a half times until you go along! He still loves to play ball of anykind and calls about every sport involving a ball 'b-ball'. We have a small hoop in our house and he has begun hanging on the rim and just giggling... I'm not sure what game he saw that made him decide to try this, but he loves it and it is quite funny!

KC is just busy as ever with school and work. Finals finished up for him today and he now begins studying for the g-mat! Oh the joys! Going over his schedule for next semester however I think I am going to have a husband on like 2 or 3 nights during the week this coming semester... I am quite excited! He is a really hard worker and plays just as hard with Jackson when he gets the chances. Jackson ADORES his dad!

I have a lot of pictures for updates of our summer, but I am at work so I can't post them right now. I will do that soon! I will also hopefully in the next several weeks have a picture of a new baby girl to post!!

6 comments:

The Williams Family said...

I"m so sorry you are having a hard time! I remember contracting a little bit at the end and it is SO tiring! I wish I could be there to help in any way I could. I can't wait to see the new baby! You'd better post pictures the day you get home from the hospital!

Bryanna Johnson said...

I am sorry about your contractions. Being pregnant sucks! I hope you have your baby super soon.

Sycamore Girl said...

I love reading about little Jackson! What a character he is!
Im sorry about that Hitler comment. I should have deleted it! Foot in Mouth! Especially after reading this post and seeing how up and down you are feeling. Really- Im sorry!
Let me work on you! A little yummy massage will ease away lots of your pains girly.

Sheffers said...

Good to see you posting again. I was wondering where you went. I am sorry about your contractions and moods. I hope you have that sweet little baby girl soon too, I want to meet her. It will be worth all the misery. Thanks for watching Ashlyn and sorry Jackson got sad. I hope your doing okay and just let me take Jackson off your hands when you need a break. Isaac loves him, and they will be so happy together. well good luck, and stay away from little house on the praire, it always made me cry when i was pregnant.

Unknown said...

Oh I'm really not too unhappy... just silly lately! You guys are all so nice though!!!

Nathan and Esther said...

I sure hope you can have this baby soon! I'm sorry you've had such a hard time lately!!